LMDE help

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dante19992

LMDE help

Post by dante19992 »

do i use the squeeze lenny or sid line when a app supplies all three? also how do i add folders to my places section of my mintmenu? not the default one but the one ubuntu also has?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rifester

Re: LMDE help

Post by Rifester »

LMDE is currently tracking Squeeze. Right click on the mint icon and you should see edit menus where you may add or remove items.
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

i tried the right-click thing but it wont let me edit placed only system and applications
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

open nautilus and add the folders you want there as bookmarks
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

i tried that but they all got grouped under a "bookmarks" tab. anyway to remove that tab and just have them listed?
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

uhm yeah it does that if there's too many. just use some less - there's probably a gconf calue or somehting setting the ammount of bookmarks you can have before they're being grouped.....

ah - not quite that simple
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1066964
Last edited by gotjazz on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

dante19992 wrote:i tried that but they all got grouped under a "bookmarks" tab. anyway to remove that tab and just have them listed?
To list your Nautilus-only bookmarks, select "Show GTK bookmarks" under the places menu and de-select the ones above it.
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

can u gimme a slightly more in depth solution?
Rifester

Post by Rifester »

Open Nautilus-Select Bookmarks-Add Bookmarks-this will add the folder of your choice... :)
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

Rifester wrote:Open Nautilus-Select Bookmarks-Add Bookmarks-this will add the folder of your choice... :)
uhm yeah - we've established that :p
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

i already have my bookmarks added. i meant how to show them in a list instead of grouped. only thing i dont like about LMDE as opposed to main. if u use the old 3 section menu ur places section is empty except for home and desktop
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

well you have to be content with the ammount allowed or build gnome-panel from source with a different setting
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

i cant build sh!t from source. everytime i post a thread asking how someone comes on and says "u dont really need to kno" and then no one replies
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

actually the thread on the ubuntuforums i just posted explains everything step by step. although i completely understand why you wouldn't want to that for such a little thing. Anyway - if you can live with five items as favorites they will not be grouped and you have what you want.

edit: personally I added my dropbox folder and removed "Pictures" and "templates" - simple as that
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

ok i just told my games folder to suck it and i never use public or templates so i went ahead and deleted those
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

btw one final question. anyone got a green LMDE theme with a LMDE icon set? i cant find one on gnome-look.org so i was hoping sumone here might have one
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

simple as that :)

btw: i just wanted to build gnome-panel just for fun to see if you'd run into any stepping-stoines and indeed there is one.
lmde doesn't like a handfull of dev packages at the moment (libglib2.0-dev etc) because they conflict with a package that was pulled in from ubuntu for font-rendering etc. and of course those packages just had to be needed to build gnome-panel :D
Rifester

Post by Rifester »

Sorry gotjazz, by the time I finished typing (between changing diapers) there were multiple replies... :)
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

damn
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

and don't play around with the ubuntu patches for font rendering that Clem added..before he added it, LMDE looked like sh-t as far as the font rendering goes...he did a marvelous job...i keep thinking i am in regular mint or ubuntu (my web pages look that good)...

when i saw the first iso back on september and did some surfing in Chrome with it, at that time i said..."forget it!" :lol:
when i saw the December iso i said...now THAT"S MORE LIKE IT :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”