MintMenu startup delay

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Intio

MintMenu startup delay

Post by Intio »

Every time I boot up, the first time I click on (or use my defined menu button) the MintMenu, there is a delay before it opens up. After the first time it is fine and instantaneous. I assume that it is populating all the entries on the menu before it opens for the first time.

Is there any way I can make it do this on startup without me having to click on it first, so it's over and done with, and will respond instantly the first tiem I click on it
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GeneC

Re: MintMenu startup delay

Post by GeneC »

Hi

You may have the same problem that we had.

Here is the fix I used...
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63338

Basically , just change the opacity of the menu from the default 98% too 100%.

See if it works for you.
Intio

Post by Intio »

Thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid it was already set to 100% opacity by default.

I was thinking that I could change a file somewhere so that MintMenu 'precaches' in addition to loading up. Maybe it's not possible?
joutlan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by joutlan »

GeneC wrote:Hi

You may have the same problem that we had.

Here is the fix I used...
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63338

Basically , just change the opacity of the menu from the default 98% too 100%.

See if it works for you.
My MintMenu was default at 98% also. But, I had to go back to the standard gnome menu because MintMenu was using top processing cycles (python) in HTop.
DΞLL Precision M6600: "Big Dog" i7-820QM, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, RGBLED, nVidia Quadro 4000M 2.0GB DDR3, Intel 6250//ScientificLinux x64/Win7Pro x64
DΞLL Vostro 3350 "Nirvana" Linux Mint 13 MATE//Win764Pro
resuni

Post by resuni »

I'm feeling like this is a GNOME issue rather than a Linux Mint issue. Other than the fact that the menu that is opening is a GNOME menu, I also have this problem on my Arch Linux computer running GNOME. I also notice this happens after an entry is added due to a package install. So perhaps it's more than just the opacity like GeneC had just previously suggested.

Return to “LMDE Archive”