Greetings from Argentina

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Junkie

Greetings from Argentina

Post by Junkie »

Hello everybody, my name's Diego, I'm 28 and I live in Argentina.
I've been a Linux user for about 4 years now, the two first wavering between M$ and Linux, and the last two, just using Window$ for gaming.
I've just joined this community yesterday, since I've not been user of Linux Mint for too long (hanged out with Ubuntu for a while, since Ubuntu 6, and even tried out Mint a couple of times (being LM9 now my primary desktop OS) giving up to it 'cause never could get the wi-fi to work correctly in my laptop) but when I found out about LMDE , got very excited for the fact that i could use a pure-debian based system,with all the looks and goodies of Mint.
In fact, with Debian i had no problem with the wi-fi issue, so I thought that this would worth the shot...well, DAMN, IT DID!!! A proof of this, I'm on vacation right now, lying on the hotel bed, and I just bringed with me my faithful good ol' Dell D400 with a fresh install of LMDE, relying on it for the web check in, e-mail and photo storage. (And I've shooted more than 900 pictures with my camera)
I work in IT, for now in WinTel (that is M$ support, unfortunately, but hope that will change soon), yet I have 2 or 3 boxes with linux for fooling around and make some test drives with bacula, nagios, mantis,etc
Found this forum by googling the prhases of the MOTD of Husse, I was very curious about finding out who could say such funny and truthful things (got very sad when I readed about his departure of this world, since reading daily the MOTD in the console make me feel him like a friend... )
I'll try to put my two cents on this forum, since I believe on the worldwide linux community. I hope to be of any help I can.
One more thing, pardon my english, I've just noticed that I'm very used to reading it, but my writing is pretty rusty...
And sorry for the long post :)

cheers,

D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elisa

Re: Greetings from Argentina

Post by Elisa »

Oh, Argentina - the home of tango, right? :D Welcome in forum, amigo!
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Welcome to LinuxMint and the Mint Forums.

There is a Spanish Forum here in LinuxMint.

I totally, understand what you say about the 'ease of reading' in English and speaking in Spanish.

If it is any easier for you to speak in Spanish; come over to the Spanish Forum and post your questions or comments there.?
There are many Spanish-speaking members that can help.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hay un Foro español aquí en LinuxMint.

¿Si es cualquier más fácil para usted hablar en español; viene sobre al Foro español y anuncia sus preguntas allí.?
Hay muchos miembros Hispanohablantes que pueden ayudar.

Foro de LinuxMint, en Espanol, aqui > http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=68
Junkie

Post by Junkie »

vrkalak, thanks! be sure I'll be around in the spanish section as well :)
yes Elisa, home of tango indeed, among others! gracias por la bienvenida! thanks for the welcome!
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Diego,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat and from there you can also join #linuxmint-debian
Have fun with Mint
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums Diego.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
sm0ke42o

Post by sm0ke42o »

Welcome to the forums!