[Solved] No Email Notifications

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
bobcollard

[Solved] No Email Notifications

Post by bobcollard »

As the Subject says, since I began using LMDE I have not received any E-mail Notifications even though the box is checked below. I have to check the forum for my posts to get the info. See screenshot.
Screenshot.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: No Email Notifications

Post by DrHu »

And everyone you email to allows notification replies and does not block that option?

You have confirmed that notification works or does not work by sending an email to yourself ?

For the forums, I think you might have to be logged in before you get a notification (on the forum), that someone has replied to a post
--but not sure of that. I never use email notifications, I basically find it creates too much noise, and generally prefer to be logged in to check posts..
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

DrHu wrote:And everyone you email to allows notification replies and does not block that option?

You have confirmed that notification works or does not work by sending an email to yourself ?

For the forums, I think you might have to be logged in before you get a notification (on the forum), that someone has replied to a post
--but not sure of that. I never use email notifications, I basically find it creates too much noise, and generally prefer to be logged in to check posts..
I don't block any mail. Got your reply through the Forum "View your posts" Confirmation in attached:
Screenshot-Inbox - Mozilla Thunderbird.png
Edit: I had to be logged in to create this Post and to read your reply, I am always logged in when I'm on site. I also checked all my settings under User Control.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

bobcollard,
Until a couple of weeks ago I would have been able to check if there was a problem with your notification emails coming back.
But,unfortunately,the gmail smtp server (which the forum was using for auto emails) broke rather badly in the middle of the night on Friday 14th Jan and no auto emails were sent for 15 hours.
Clem switched the auto-emails to the forum server and all has been well since.
But,this means the emails no longer go through the sent mail box on the admin email account.
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

oscar799 wrote:bobcollard,
Until a couple of weeks ago I would have been able to check if there was a problem with your notification emails coming back.
But,unfortunately,the gmail smtp server (which the forum was using for auto emails) broke rather badly in the middle of the night on Friday 14th Jan and no auto emails were sent for 15 hours.
Clem switched the auto-emails to the forum server and all has been well since.
But,this means the emails no longer go through the sent mail box on the admin email account.
Thanks for the info, Oscar. I decided to open a new account and that is working. Kind of wanted to change my username anyway. Let's consider this solved.

Return to “LMDE Archive”