Questions on Daryana

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Questions on Daryana

Post by jbaerbock »

Hey I was wondering what the ETA is for Daryana? Just curious and also is there a list of planned new features that will be included in Daryana anywhere? Again I'm bored and curious lol, thanks all!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

There is no exact date, but if all goes to plan Daryna will be out very soon after Gutsy is out - so mid november perhaps
There will be lots of new things, both from Gutsy and from the Mint team
With a bit of luck all editions will appear (almost) simultaneously, and at least there will be no delay to speak of
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Daryna is basically Celena + Gutsy + mintUpdate. The KDE Edition will also come with more mint tools than before. mintUpdate will come in all editions.

Clem
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

Ditto, especially since I have heard gutsy may work better with my 3D Accel card :D.
Fergus
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Fergus »

Oh goody, yet another version on the horizon! I was wondering what the name would be, i had hoped something along the lines of: daisy, dalila, or davina, but i like daryanna - is there a story to this one?

I am still on bianca (going with the theory if it aint broke, don't fix it!) and just bidding my time till i see improvements that i must have. Biance security updates stop in april 08 right? I wonder where mint will be around then?
Still look forward to daryanna, i always keep a mint disc around of the latest install just incase!
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

We talked about an upgrade tool but it's not planned for Daryna. You'll be able to upgrade from Celena to Daryna by following a tutorial published in the Wiki.

Clem
z0phi3l
Level 1
Level 1

Post by z0phi3l »

Been using Gutsy since just before RC, works great for me so far, waiting for Daryana before switching to Mint :)
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Somebody wrote "Daryana" somewhere and since then there's been some kind of snow-ball effect :)

It's "Daryna". If things go on like that we might even get bug reports telling us we misspelled our own release :)

Clem

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”