My New Linux Mint LMDE desktop

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lKingjr

Re: My New Linux Mint LMDE desktop

Post by lKingjr »

dawgdoc wrote:@ lKingjr, yes, as someone in the other thread said, those are very nice icons (buttons) did you design them? I have made a few icons using inkscape, but never a set for any purpose. What I did was make a few to use in Rocket Dock back when I was still using WinXP.

@ pintas, you desktop comes together very well.
actually no, the icons are part of the latest version of "Any Color You Like". I still think the most versatile icon theme out there.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Thank you. I am still at 0.9.1 with ACYL and have the cutout icons on my desktop, like Marc frequently uses.
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

dawgdoc wrote:Thank you. I am still at 0.9.1 with ACYL and have the cutout icons on my desktop, like Marc frequently uses.
and me :D
pintas

Post by pintas »

dawgdoc wrote:@ pintas, you desktop comes together very well.
Thanks. There's a lot of experimental packages in my system, but till now, rock solid. I don't have a single error in my system so far, which is completely new for me. And that is why i'll try to keep this config.
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

:lol: :D
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

'nother one :D
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Looking good 8)
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

zerozero wrote:Looking good 8)
danke ZZ
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

you're welcome :wink:
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

I dug out one of the desktops Zwopper made a few versions ago and changed icon and window colors a little.
LMDE_desk_zw_cl.png
LMDE_desk_zw_dirty_1-11.png
gbm31

Post by gbm31 »

keep it simple - it's an old machine short of ram...

elav

Post by elav »

LMDE with Xfce 4.8 :D
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

elav wrote:
nice job...I like the logo :)
I tried xfce 4.8 with Sabayon or something (I have so many distros :lol: ),
but when I would switch icons themes the folders wouldn't change. Have you run into this?
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

something brand new for me to play with... I've never run Arch Linux before. Seems ok :D
Last edited by lKingjr on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

Nice job Lou, I was thinking of trying that dirsto out but have not done so yet. How is t? :D
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

mmesantos1 wrote:Nice job Lou, I was thinking of trying that dirsto out but have not done so yet. How is t? :D
hi there lol. I like it. it's even more barebones than Debian. Doesn't even have a package manager. :shock:
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

lKingjr wrote:
mmesantos1 wrote:Nice job Lou, I was thinking of trying that dirsto out but have not done so yet. How is t? :D
hi there lol. I like it. it's even more barebones than Debian. Doesn't even have a package manager. :shock:
Ya all package management is done via terminal in Arch. I hear Arch is good though, it is a rolling release distro.
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

mmesantos1 wrote:
lKingjr wrote:
Ya all package management is done via terminal in Arch. I hear Arch is good though, it is a rolling release distro.
yep. I've only had it for half a day so might be a little early for me to say. but so far so good.
elav

Post by elav »

lKingjr wrote:
elav wrote:
nice job...I like the logo :)
I tried xfce 4.8 with Sabayon or something (I have so many distros :lol: ),
but when I would switch icons themes the folders wouldn't change. Have you run into this?
I only had to add a PPA[1] for Lucid, but now I will try one for Maverick[2]. So far I have no problems, except sometimes, when I use the right mouse button, the menu is somewhat slow down.

[1] deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/alexx2000/xfce/ubuntu lucid main
[2] deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/koshi/xfce-4.8/ubuntu maverick main

Return to “Screenshots”