Full-Blown Convert

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
UkeJackson

Full-Blown Convert

Post by UkeJackson »

I've played around with different distributions in the past and never had much luck...something was always broken, be it my soundcard, my wireless or my display drivers. This was very frustrating because I love the freedom one gains through *nix and the ideals set forth by groups like the FSF. My OS should work for me, not the other way around.

Recently I got sick and tired of removing malware and dealing with blue screens, so I decided to give Julia a go after hearing good things about Mint from a friend. I installed Julia through the mint4win util, and lo and behold! Everything worked just fine right out of the box. I backed up all the videos and such on my Windows partition I didn't care to lose, uninstalled Julia, then went back and did a full installation. No more Windows. :D

I'm having a lot of fun tweaking everything to suit my needs and preferences, and I love all the new things I'm learning about the ins and outs of my system. I've been fully converted!

Screenshot.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: Full-Blown Convert

Post by Habitual »

"My OS should work for me, not the other way around." - Damned Skippy!

Isn't great when everything "just works"?

In case you haven't "seen" this:
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 5&start=20
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/

For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat

Enjoy the Minty goodness!
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Welcome to the community UJ. It would seem that you learned quite a bit in the other distros you tried. You must have if you are configuring that conky. :D
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome UkeJackson. That's a nice looking desktop. You should post it in the "Post your Linux Mint desktop" thread so others can enjoy.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Rifester

Post by Rifester »

Welcome!
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello UkeJackson,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
The thread with all the desktop screenshots is here http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10828
jesica

Post by jesica »

Halla and welcome to the best forum on the internet
UkeJackson

Post by UkeJackson »

dawgdoc wrote:Welcome to the community UJ. It would seem that you learned quite a bit in the other distros you tried. You must have if you are configuring that conky. :D
Yeah, I certainly learned to love tinkering with configuration files. Messing with settings until I've got them juuuust so is a big pleasure.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”