Linux Mint 10 KDE RC released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 10 KDE RC released!

Post by clem »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 10 KDE RC. Linux Mint 10 KDE RC New features at a glance: KDE 4.6 Lancelot KDE Menu Software manager Application icons Better categorization Update manager Ignore updates Download size Upload manager UI, speed, ETA Connection test Cancel / Run in background System improvements For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s [...]
Announcement: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1657
fearnot

Re: Linux Mint 10 KDE RC released!

Post by fearnot »

Hi I tried to install the new Linux Mint 10 KDE RC release but it seams to be the same problem as Linux Mint 10 Gnome I get past the first two pages till it says ready I think then I get a full page of numbers & letters & that is far as it goes what is wrong with my machine because I can install Kubuntu 11.04 Alpha 2 with no problems so whats going on then?

& my Machine is a Toshiba L510 PSLGXA-002002 with a i3 proceser- 8GB of ram-320Gb hard drive-ATI HD 4570 512Mb video card-Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless Lan 802.11N PCI-E NIC.
zohall
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zohall »

well done. i waiting for final version :D
fearnot

Post by fearnot »

Hi back again I need some help with this KDE version Because I thought with the new Kernl it would have worked on my Toshiba L510 but it seams it doesn't it looks like the same as the Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 2 version but there must be something the Linux Mint 10 KDE RC release that's stops me from loading up pased the ready stage on firing up can someone tell me what it is so I can put it on this laptop please.
GoodGuy98

Post by GoodGuy98 »

Is there any plans to provide Zsync files so users can create a final ISO from the Beta and RC ISO files with minimal sized downloads?

This article discusses Zsync with Ubuntu versions in case anyone wishes to know what it is.

http://lifehacker.com/#!5393555/use-zsy ... tion-image
linuxarrow

Post by linuxarrow »

I installed Mint KDE RC on my 8 yr old Gateway E-4000 with P4 2.4 and 1gig of memory, In a word AWESOME. I haven't had any glitches, everything works solid and reliable:sound, flash even switching to the netbook interface works perfect. This release candidate is better than a full release of other distros I have tried on this computer. I classify it as A RELEASE sure and true! Great work Boo and Clem and all the Mint Community contributors. As a side note this is the first system that I can get Minitube to work on. Marvelous Marvelous Marvelous. :mrgreen:
onewing

Post by onewing »

I'm not big on posting. I'm old school: frame your questions properly, ask the right question: there's a strong enough Debian/ubuntu community to answer your questions.
And , I gotta say , Linux Mint is da bomb! Especially for newbies. Everything, EVERYTHING, works straight out of the box! I've tested 5 different hardware systems and ssven different operating systems. Each and every one has performed flawlessly. We will,eventually ,learn that life is open-source, and we only exist because Others support us. Sorry about my listlessness.
Yeah...,"and shit!"
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I tried this a few days back, and it doesn't seem to run too well on my laptop. I'll check it out again when the final release comes out. In the mean time I have a question/ idea...

From the screenshot of the RC, the desktop folder is transparent. When I had it installed, I was disappointed to find out that this is just a widget, not the way all windows really behave. Any chance (Dolphin) could be configured to render transparent windows, the same as the widget used for the desktop folder? Just a thought, but that was really a big part of why I even tried this release candidate to begin with..

cheers.
SjorRekr64

Post by SjorRekr64 »

Is anything needed to mount the ISO onto a USB Drive? Can I just extract all the files and directly to it? (4 Gig USB 2.0)
Also, How easy is it to dual boot with LM10 Main, on the same partition? Or if a new partition is required will it be easy to recover files from the other one?

Sorry if I should've made a new topic for this, figured since it's only an RC a new topic might not be needed.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

For an ISO on a USB stick you can use the Universal USB installer from PendriveLinux.com (note that you need Windows for it, it does not run in Wine).
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”