Why LMDE on DVD ???

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
burjans

Why LMDE on DVD ???

Post by burjans »

I do not know the reason why LMDE can not to be on CD :( .. the distro must come only with necessary software and the other can be installed of the repos
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Why LMDE on DVD ???

Post by richyrich »

edit: remove a stupid reply, sorry !
Last edited by richyrich on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

I.
edit: remove a stupid reply, sorry !
Last edited by richyrich on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

@ burjans - With all the goodies that come with Mint these days, it is getting harder and harder to pack all those extras in a single CD. You are going to see more and more distros moving towards a DVD instead of a CD. With LMDE, there were too many necessary packages, so a DVD was required.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

richyrich wrote:I know . . if Mint didn't provide all the custom extras, then you'd be able to princess about what it is missing . . . go figure !
. . . nah, just go away !

constructive criticism, real suggestions here : http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=29

Having a particularly tough day richyrich? Not the first post today that could send a Mint forum member running for the hills.
monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

The net is free so people get to say what is on their minds, until the Mods show up. :D
burjans

Post by burjans »

good reasoning . . . .

why are you here ?
si tus palabras no son mejor que tu silencio entonces ... para que hablar (if your words are not better than your silence then ... why talk)

que tengas buen dia Einstein (have a nice day Einstein) :wink:
Last edited by burjans on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
burjans

Post by burjans »

With all the goodies that come with Mint these days, it is getting harder and harder to pack all those extras in a single CD. You are going to see more and more distros moving towards a DVD instead of a CD. With LMDE, there were too many necessary packages, so a DVD was required.
thanks for your reply
rdonnelly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rdonnelly »

burjans wrote:I do not know the reason why LMDE can not to be on CD :( .. the distro must come only with necessary software and the other can be installed of the repos
If you are lacking a DVD drive, you can install it with a USB thumb drive, or external USB HD, and UNetbootin. Just be sure to format the USB drive to Fat32, mine would not boot if it was formatted to ext2, 3, or 4 most of the time. http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

And welcome to Linux Mint, we hope you stick around :mrgreen:
Using Mint since 2008
*Mint 18.2 KDE
*ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
*AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
*G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
*nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 2GB

Return to “Non-technical Questions”