Another Mint Convert....

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Minime1

Another Mint Convert....

Post by Minime1 »

Hello Mint Community,

As the title says i am new to linux and Mint altogether and have been using Mint Julia 10 for about 3 months now and i am loving the experience. My laptop had a HW fault and i sent it to HP for repair under warranty and when i got it back discovered they had re-imaged it to it's original Vista(I had Win 7 on it). Since i was going to start from scratch anyway, having lost all my apps and personal settings i decided to give Mint a try and booted from a Mint Julia x64 disc i had and do did a full install wiping off Vista. Looking back i have to say that was one of the best decisions i have ever made as i have not looked back once or even missed windows. I am loving the freedom. power & choice i have been given by Mint and open source in general and wish i had abandoned Windows long time ago.

I have also since installed Mint+XBMC in my HTPC and i am still dual booting it with Win 7 media centre hoping to ditch Win 7 when i have played with XBMC for a while and learned enough about it. I just wanted to say a Big massive Thank you to all the Mint developers and contributors for creating a truly remarkable piece of OS that any linux noop will be at ease with. Congratulations for a job well done!. I hope one day to be able to contribute something back and i will make a humble donation very soon.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Another Mint Convert....

Post by richyrich »

Welcome Minime1, lots of good info in these forums, and Mint's community site too ! Hang around, drop into the Mint Cafe for a laugh or two, members have been hanging out there since 07 . .

Welcome again, enjoy yourself . . and as us Canadians say; " don't be a stranger, eh ! " :)

regards, richy
Minime1

Post by Minime1 »

Hi Richyrich,

Thank you for your welcome. I shall pay them a visit indeed. Thank you.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forum!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

MK i was there this morning, i'm about 15 miles east of MK

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Minime1

Post by Minime1 »

rivenathos wrote:Welcome to the forum!
Thanks rivenathos.
Minime1

Post by Minime1 »

The-Wizard wrote:MK i was there this morning, i'm about 15 miles east of MK

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Small world ey? Bedford(shire) is just around the corner. Good to know there are locals here. Loving Mint already and if my beloved Arsenal win their champions league game against Barca tonight, well i am in heaven! Thanks Wizard
dash10

Post by dash10 »

The Arse were robbed! Shocking officiating. I'm here new too, so welcome indeed
Minime1

Post by Minime1 »

dash10 wrote:The Arse were robbed! Shocking officiating. I'm here new too, so welcome indeed
The referee ruined the game without a doubt. It was an outrageous decision that sending off and once he did it.... well there was only one outcome. But to be fair Barca where the better team and deserved to win. " The Arse"? i don't know about that, i sense a bit of rivalry there the way you wrote it. Any way Mint unites us regardless of your football team :-)

Thanks for the welcome dash10.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Minime1,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint

Return to “Introduce Yourself”