Youtube videos won't load on fire fox

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mick_swagger

Youtube videos won't load on fire fox

Post by mick_swagger »

Youtube videos won't load on fire fox, all of a sudden. it's just a black square, and when I right click it, it says "video not loaded" And it's not an add on or anything blocking it, and i have the latest version of flash installed. They work fine in chrome and konquerer.. Anybody got any ideas what might be wrong?

edit: i take that back, they don't play on konqueror either
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mick_swagger

Re: Youtube videos won't load on fire fox

Post by mick_swagger »

Also, they will load when they are embedded in other sites.. What the heck?
tatsujin79

Post by tatsujin79 »

out of curiosity what version of firefox and flash are you running? I had a similar issue the other day and want to see if yours is similar so i can try to help
mick_swagger

Post by mick_swagger »

tatsujin79 wrote:out of curiosity what version of firefox and flash are you running? I had a similar issue the other day and want to see if yours is similar so i can try to help
Firefox is v3.6.15 Flash is v10,2,152,27 I think it's flash, but other flash stuff works fine.. Because i uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it,(don't think this did it) but all of a sudden it stopped working in Chrome too.
tatsujin79

Post by tatsujin79 »

according to a post i saw when i was having a black and white issue on chrome is that youtube itself is the issue. I will try to find the post but it was something to the effect of, youtube code broke during a switch to html5 or something. I found this post http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/y ... 8b8014a6d6

essentially it says to disable hardware acceleration (left click video area, settings, uncheck hardware acceleration) then close browser, relaunch and try the vid again
mick_swagger

Post by mick_swagger »

thanks, but when i right click the only thing that comes up is "movie not loaded" and "about flash player"
tatsujin79

Post by tatsujin79 »

everything im seeing says that hardware acceleration fixes it, perhaps going to an embedded video and setting it there? Actually any video on any site should let you set it.

Another possible fix http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/y ... ec2b&hl=en sorry i cant help anymore then i am, but im trying
mick_swagger

Post by mick_swagger »

Oh my, I've fixed it! it was simple, some one told me to just clear the entire cache, and it worked! It seems it's been happening lately to people for some reason.
tatsujin79

Post by tatsujin79 »

mick_swagger wrote:Oh my, I've fixed it! it was simple, some one told me to just clear the entire cache, and it worked! It seems it's been happening lately to people for some reason.
yeah that was in the link i just posted too, lol well good im glad you got it fixed be sure to mark the post [solved] so others can be helped by it

Return to “Beginner Questions”