(solved) android phone

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
nalsdixit
Level 3
Level 3

(solved) android phone

Post by nalsdixit »

hi, i got a new android smart phone (htc desire HD), which seems not recognisable by lmde, as in not mountable, non syncable etc. is there some packages i need to install to make it work?,

tks

nals
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jaime Frontero

Re: android phone

Post by Jaime Frontero »

Try installing Banshee. It should sync your music without a hitch, and mount your phone as a file system to transfer files.

You'll probably still have to use some kind of cloud thing - like Dropbox - to get your contact lists and other things of a more phone-centric type. Upload to the cloud, download to your desktop computer...
Dr.m0x

Post by Dr.m0x »

Yes you can sync your music using banshee. There is also a program called open sync, not sure if it's in the repos as I'm posting from my Desire HD Android phone.

I know this isn't very helpful, except to let you know it is possible, but my Dhd works 100% the same on lmde as on any other distro. I can mount my sd card, do usb tethering, and mod my phone via adb and fastboot.

Do you have the latest kernel updates installed? Did you wait a few seconds for the mount to appear in Nautilus? Can you confirm the phone is connected at all?

Try to type "lsusb | grep "High Tech Computer Corp" in a terminal. Then you can see if the device is even on the usb bus, a good place to start.

--- I am geek. Hear me squeek. ---
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

No problem here mounting my Androids to my laptop in any version of Mint.
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

900i wrote:No problem here mounting my Androids to my laptop in any version of Mint.
I know I'm not exactly helping either but I have to say:

+ 1

I was actually surprised that it was so easy... I just plugged in my Desire, selected "disk drive" and it mounted just like any other usb-thingie. Same with using it as a modem - plugged it in and selected... Hmmm... don't remember what that option is called... and it worked.
nalsdixit
Level 3
Level 3

(solved): android phone

Post by nalsdixit »

it works if i have rhythmbox launched on the computer first. if not it does not mount, which is o k with me

tks

nals

Return to “LMDE Archive”