Dependency problems with gstreamer0.10-pitfdll.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
elav

Dependency problems with gstreamer0.10-pitfdll.

Post by elav »

Greetings. Apparently this package comes with the installation of LMDE, but Synaptic puts me at local or obsolete. This package is only found in the repositories of Debian Lenny and Debian Sid, and yesterday I inadvertently uninstalled it, deleting it mint-meta-debian and mint-meta-codecs.

Is it necessary to include this package into the repository LMDE? I think so.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Dependency problems with gstreamer0.10-pitfdll.

Post by rivenathos »

This package was removed by the Debian folks just before Squeeze was released as stable. It conflicted with something else, but I do not remember what it was. Since LMDE was released before this happened, the gstreamer0.10-pitfdll package was already included. It is not found in the stable release of Debian 6 at all. This is a 32-bit package only.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
elav

Post by elav »

rivenathos wrote:This package was removed by the Debian folks just before Squeeze was released as stable. It conflicted with something else, but I do not remember what it was. Since LMDE was released before this happened, the gstreamer0.10-pitfdll package was already included. It is not found in the stable release of Debian 6 at all. This is a 32-bit package only.
Thus it would be good to include in the repositories of LMDE or otherwise, is removed as a dependency of packages mint-meta-debian and mint-meta-codecs
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Yes, you have experienced one of the drawbacks to using metapackages. That issue has been discussed a few times already in the forum. There are workarounds.

As for the gstreamer codec, one of the Mint developers will need to express a view on what to do with this discrepancy. The next spin (x3) of LMDE will certainly have this sorted out.

I had not noticed this in my LMDE since I only use 64-bit, but I was aware that the gstreamer codec had been removed in 32-bit Debian 6.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
elav

Post by elav »

Well, then we can only hope that some developer or team repositories, hear our prayer. :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”