Java and Flash malfunctions[Solved)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
inktitan

Java and Flash malfunctions[Solved)

Post by inktitan »

I saw the sticky thread but didn't know if I should post there or start new So I might put a Link in the sticky. I am not too programmer savvy though I desire to be. So here goes.

I play Minecraft in my spare time and I can no longer get it to run after updating Mint Debian last night. The error I get is an inability to find the java.lang.NullPointerException. The Minecraft.net site also is taking an exceptionally long time to load. This could be a traffic issue I realize but the page will read done and still be blank.

On to flash. I had to remove the Mint and Mozilla flash plug-ins and go with the non-free plug-in to get youtube and other similar sites to work. This seems to have solved the problem but I am curious why the other two crash and never load.

My hardware is getting old but all was working yesterday. I will appreciate any help, advice or comments.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Java and Flash malfunctions

Post by viking777 »

Does the java problem problem prevent google search from working?

It took me about 30 seconds to find this page, and I don't even know what minecraft is :)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 13&t=41909

Of course I don't know if the answers given in there will help you at all, but at least it is something to try.

As for flash I just assumed that almost everyone used flashplugin-nonfree, I know I do. As a general rule if you have strict open source ideals you have to put up with stuff not working. Then again if you had strict open source ideals you wouldn't be running Mint.
inktitan

Re: Java and Flash malfunctions

Post by inktitan »

I had already visited the issue on the Minecraft forums. Their solution has not worked for me and I am currently waiting for a response from their support team via email. It is not a huge issue. I have no qualms about free vs non-free. I was just curious why it had stopped working. I appreciate you taking the time to address my concerns. Has java ever affected Google in such away as to prevent searching? The solution on that page is for a server I am not trying to play online. Thanks anyhow. I am glad you are so search savvy. :D
inktitan

Re: Java and Flash malfunctions[Solved)

Post by inktitan »

Turns out your sarcasm was more helpful than I originally thought. Making such an obvious statement made me fell a bit stupid. I then realized The update also included the kernel so I ran sgfxi and had a new nvidia driver built/installed for the kernel and all is well with java.lang.bllahblahblah. Thanks!

Return to “LMDE Archive”