Hi from Canada

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brian10161

Hi from Canada

Post by Brian10161 »

Hi all,

I recently found Mint and tried it on my Thinkpad X60s notebook. Simply put, it's the best out of box Linux experience I have had to date. Everything worked out of the box, even the WWAN card worked and loaded up. I don't use WWAN but it was cool to see.

I have since loaded it on my file server, Thinkpad T60 and my desktop computer. My T60 is running great, I got the center button working for my trackpoint and my touchpad surprisingly supports multitouch 8)

My server was having a lot of problems so I had decommissioned it. Every once in a while, it would just lock up and I couldn't access anything. With Mint, it hasn't had that problem. The uptime is 3 days now, I couldn't get over 15 hours before.

Expect questions on my part, I'm still learning Linux and the commands plus the differences from the Windows world. So far I have been able to get Remote desktop working and a few other minor things.

Regards,
Brian
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hemimaniac

Re: Hi from Canada

Post by hemimaniac »

Welcome fellow Canuck, there yer greeted, that'll cost ya a six pack and a timmies.

Have fun, and on the uptime note, it is actually conceivable to achieve months of up-time as long as you don't get to tweaking into submission.

Stop by the IRC sometime, and bring 'nuff beer for the rest of the class eh
Brian10161

Post by Brian10161 »

lol sounds good sir

I have xchat open a lot, so I should connect to the channel :)
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forum!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Brian10161,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
We also have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome Brian.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

From one Brian to another... Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
Brian10161

Post by Brian10161 »

Thanks for the greets guys! The more I use Mint, the better it gets. Managed to get my wifi printer to work, much better than under Windows too!

See you all around! :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”