How to install nvidia driver on LMDE?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
msuggs

Re: How to install nvidia driver on LMDE?

Post by msuggs »

Imagus wrote: Wonderful, this worked for me too! I can now finally use a monitor resolution that doesn't hurt my eyes so much. Only thing that still doesn't seem to work is Compiz: I tried checking the "wobbly windows" checkbox to test it, but nothing happens. Anyway, I'm glad to have "normal" screen resolution again. Thanks!
Did you have a look at this guide? It may have a few extra steps to get compiz working for you http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/168
Imagus
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Imagus »

omns wrote:
Imagus wrote: Wonderful, this worked for me too! I can now finally use a monitor resolution that doesn't hurt my eyes so much. Only thing that still doesn't seem to work is Compiz: I tried checking the "wobbly windows" checkbox to test it, but nothing happens. Anyway, I'm glad to have "normal" screen resolution again. Thanks!
Did you have a look at this guide? It may have a few extra steps to get compiz working for you http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/168
Thank you! That compiz --replace command seemed to do the trick. :D
ginbot

Post by ginbot »

Hmm... on the ISO (LMDE xfce 64) I used, it didn't come with zip/unzip. Wow. so, extract was failing.
ginbot

Post by ginbot »

Still failing on extraction.
ginbot

Post by ginbot »

Figured it out ... it was /tmp partition was too small. Should have listen to my gut and not played around with any parts except /home. Now I just got the normal errors I a use to like gcc newer than kernel issue. But, need sleep...
fullmoonguru
Level 3
Level 3

Post by fullmoonguru »

I'm running LMDE tracking stable. I tried the Gingerbread way and it said it couldn't read the file. Then I tried the hns way & also got the black screen with blinking curser at reboot. Ctrl-Alt-F1 didn't do anything. Then I booted to recovery mode but got nothing when trying to login at the prompt. This is a new install I'm setting up & have a backup, so I reinstalled and tried doing this the debian way. Problems there too though. When I run "invoke-rc.d gdm3 stop" x shuts down, but I don't get a prompt to login. Just a black screen with a flashing curser.

The LMDE I'm running, in addition to tracking stable, is 64 bit, and the card is a Radeon HD 5670. I wonder if that combo is the problem. I see some stuff alluding to this, but it's from last year. Anyone know?

Return to “LMDE Archive”