Thunderbird with Mint 10 works intermittently

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ballie

Thunderbird with Mint 10 works intermittently

Post by Ballie »

I have recently installed Linux Mint 10 which comes with Thunderbird 3.1.7 but I cannot seem to get it working. I have it work once or twice but I get the message "connection to pop3 server pop3.sai.co.za has timed out". I also have sent one or two messages but now can't send a thing. I previously used Ubuntu 8.04 and never had these problems. I can access the Web with no problems at all so it would appear that there is a compatability problem maybe ?? Any idea's out there ?? :(
Habitual

Re: Thunderbird with Mint 10 works intermittently

Post by Habitual »

It's not an OS/Mint/Thunderbird issue.
It looks like the mail server is down.

Code: Select all

ping -c 1 pop3.sai.co.za
PING pop3.sai.co.za (196.33.95.8) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- pop3.sai.co.za ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 0ms
and

Code: Select all

ping -c 1 196.33.95.8
PING 196.33.95.8 (196.33.95.8) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- 196.33.95.8 ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 0ms
Contact your Mail provider.
Ballie

Post by Ballie »

I still have not got Thunderbird to work with Mint 10 - I cannot ping my pop3 server but I know it works as I have another PC running Windows 7. Does this have something to do with the D-Link router that I connect to before my ADSL line ?
andreaborman

Post by andreaborman »

I have tried Thunderbird on Linux Mint 9 and Windows. Thunderbird is a clone of Outlook Express,along with Windows Mail,Windows Live Mail,SeaMonkey Mail,Spicebird and others. All of which are based on Outlook Express and are clones of it. As is Thunderbird.

I have Windows 7 and Linux Mint. And I have used Outlook Express in Internet cafes,where they have Windows XP. And on Windows 7 I have used Windows Live Mail,SeaMonkey Mail and Thunderbird.

But I could not get any of these email clients running. They are impossible to use. First they ask you for your email address and password. Then they ask you for your incoming http. or POP server-I don't know that. Then it asks your for your outgoing http. or POP server-I don't know that. So of course the email never got sent.

And I could not get these email clients up and running as it asks you impossible questions that you just cannot answer. As I and other people don't know what the incoming and outgoing http. or POP server is. And there was no way to find out this. And even when I went onto Google and typed in what the website said was the correct information,it still did not work. I could not get it up and running.

And when you click on an email address on a web page,SeaMonkey Mail,Thunderbird,Windows Live Mail or whatever email client you have installed on your computer pops up.That is so annoying. And it asks you to send an email and I have to close it again. Because I cannot use that email.

And now Outlook Express and it's clones have made their way to Linux in the form of Thunderbird. Which is a clone of Outlook Express. And there are other email clients for both Windows and Linux all copy cats of Outlook Express. And they have all got the same system of asking for your POP server,which we don't know.

And it is the same system on Linux with these email clients as what it is on Windows. So you won't be able to use it because you won't get it up and running.

But there is some good news. If you have got Linux or Windows 7, you don't get Windows Live Mail, or Thunderbird or another Outlook Express clone unless you choose to install it. As it does not come with Windows 7 unless you choose to install it. And it is the same on Linux.

And if you do make the mistake of installing it you can just uninstall it again.

But Windows XP and Windows Vista users are not so lucky. On Windows XP Outlook Express is bundled with Windows so you cannot uninstall it in programs menu. Unless you delete the program files in programs on C/drive.

On Windows Vista Windows Mail which is a later version of Outlook Express and a clone of it,is bundled with Windows. And so it cannot be uninstalled in programs menu,unless you delete the program files in programs on C/drive.

And if I did have Windows XP or Windows Vista I certainly would remove these programs.

But on Windows 7,there is Windows Live Mail,which is again a later version of Outlook Express and a clone of it. But it is not installed on Windows 7. So you don't get it unless you choose to install it. But who would?

And on Linux, you don't get Thunderbird or another Outlook Express clone unless you choose to install it. And Thunderbird is included in some editions of Linux. But it is not bundled with the system like it is in Windows XP or Windows Vista. So on Linux you can uninstall it if you do not want it.

But on Windows XP or Windows Vista, you are stuck with Outlook Express or Windows Mail it's clone of it. Unless you delete the program files on your hard drive.

But on Linux and Windows these email clients are all the same and have the same system. And you just cannot use them.

I think that they should rename Outlook Express and it's clones,Thunderbird,SeaMonkey Mail and others- THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE.

And YOU won't be able to use it either. Andrea Borman.
Ballie

Post by Ballie »

After much hair pulling I eventually downloaded Evolution Mail which works like a dream - I could even import my address book and messages from my old Windows Outlook .pst file.

Up with Linux, down with Windows................
andreaborman

Post by andreaborman »

It does not make any difference on if you are using Linux or Windows,you won't be able to use Thunderbird,which is an Outlook Express clone for both Windows and Linux. And you won't be able to use any other of the Outlook Express clones or Outlook Express either.

Because these email clients have the same system on Linux as they do on Windows. That is they ask you for the incoming and outgoing http. or POP server. And I and most people do not know what that is.

I am not the only one who cannot use Thunderbird and the other Outlook Express clones.As one of my friends said of Outlook Express and it's clones,Thunderbird,SeaMonkey Mail and others- "You can't use it. It won't let you use it." And another of my friends said " It does not allow itself to be used."

Which sums it all up and I cannot use the email clients either.

Thunderbird and the other Outlook Express clones are- THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. And it is for sure that if you are using Outlook Express or it's clones on Linux or Windows-THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE IT EITHER.

You won't be able to get it up and running. The email clients don't work on any operating system.

See this post here- http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-sup ... age-3.html Andrea Borman.
krustybaguette
Level 3
Level 3

Post by krustybaguette »

[quote="andreaborman"]It does not make any difference on if you are using Linux or Windows,you won't be able to use Thunderbird,which is an Outlook Express clone for both Windows and Linux. And you won't be able to use any other of the Outlook Express clones or Outlook Express either.

-snipped-

Thunderbird and the other Outlook Express clones are- THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. And it is for sure that if you are using Outlook Express or it's clones on Linux or Windows-THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE IT EITHER.

You won't be able to get it up and running. The email clients don't work on any operating system.

Not sure what Andrea's problem is but it's not the fault of the software if the user doesn't know how to configure it, or at least find someone who does know how to do so. I am running Thunderbird 3.1.9 under Windows 7 and 3.1.4 under Linux Mint. I do have a problem with my Linux install but am hopeful that upgrading to the 3.1.9 version for Linux will cure it.
andreaborman

Post by andreaborman »

Well,I and my friends have renamed Outlook Express and it's clones of it. That is,Thunderbird,SeaMonkey Mail,Windows Live Mail,Windows Mail,Spicebird,Zimbra desktop and others-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE.

Because it is exactly that, and as one of my friends said "You can't use it. It won't let you use it. And "it does not allow itself to be used."

And that is an accurate description of the email clients. Because they all have the same system as the original Outlook Express from which they have been cloned from. And the email clients are clones of Outlook Express. They ask you for your outgoing POP server-I don't know that. Then they ask you for your incoming SMTP server-I don't know that. And so the email client does not get set up and the email never gets sent.

And even when you do type in the correct information they want ,like I did,when I got the correct POP server address from the Google website for G.Mail. The email clients still would not work. You cannot get them up and running.

And so Outlook Express and clones are not allowing themselves to be used. So they really are-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. Andrea Borman.
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

You will have to excuse "andreaborman", s/he displays this thread hijacking all the time. Just because s/he flames instead of actually trying to get help. I went thru this in another thread s/he highjacked for he same purpose, to flame. I instructed her/im then to get a grip and read the manual, but apparently because of absolute ineptness we need too suffer for it, MOST USERS even BASIC ones understand the concept of general webmail properties and the settings thereof. Sadly this escapes andreaborman to the very smallest detail (whether it evolution, thunderbird, kmail, alpine, balsa, etc. etc....). While we try to help users we have to "tolerate" andreaborman plugging up the place with ABSOLUTELY usless tidbits of information and her/is general display of incompetence.

Please ignore and try to carry on helping others and generally HAVING a good time.

P.S.

s/he has been warned many a time by the mods.
ThistleWeb

Post by ThistleWeb »

andreaborman wrote:Well,I and my friends have renamed Outlook Express and it's clones of it. That is,Thunderbird,SeaMonkey Mail,Windows Live Mail,Windows Mail,Spicebird,Zimbra desktop and others-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE.
Why do you insist on trolling to derail these threads? You've made your level of technological ability plain to everyone. These programs all work just fine, the common factor is YOU, the fact that YOU are incapable of getting them to work speaks volumes about YOU, not the programs. If they didn't work why would ANYONE install them? The info you need for ANY email client is your port numbers, incoming / outgoing server info, security settings etc. No matter how often that's explained to you, you still insist on trolling these threads with more inane examples of your own incompetence, laying them down as fact, as if everyone else is as incompetent as you.

This just in.......we're not. Most people are capable of figuring that out "hey whats this pop / smtp server stuff? where do I find this?" Do some Googling, to find 1,000's of forum posts, blog posts, documentation guides ALL pointing out EXACTLY how to get this info. I know for a FACT that Googlemail have guides to use GMail in Outlook, Outlook Express and (I think) Thunderbird. You don't need guides for every client, they all seek the same info. If you have a guide for Outlook, it has all the info you need to set up ANY client. This was before Thunderbird dramatically simplified the process for GMail. Now it's painfully simple to set it up, and you STILL can't manage even that.

Since you're obviously completely incompetent at doing even that, feel free to just not use email. The rest of us get on just fine.

You'll notice this thread is about Thunderbird in Mint 10, it's not a "lets all pile in on our glorification of Microsoft, and that how none of these clients work for anyone". You've already trolled other threads by derailing them into this same stuff. Seriously, if you're so incompetent, unable to follow even basic instructions, or stay on topic on a thread, do us all a favor, step back from the computer and find some other hobby. Computing is not for you.

Harsh? Maybe, if it was your first thread derail, or if you were just mislead and capable of learning. Since you seem incapable of that, no I don't think it's harsh. If anything people who have fallen into the derail traps you've set before have been too polite and understanding.

When you chip in to these threads, you're either clueless and advising others with misinformation, which causes confusion at their end, or you know you're misleading them with misinformation. Either way I'd be more than happy to see you banned. We'd all be better off.

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

Ballie wrote:I still have not got Thunderbird to work with Mint 10 - I cannot ping my pop3 server but I know it works as I have another PC running Windows 7. Does this have something to do with the D-Link router that I connect to before my ADSL line ?

Actually i dont really see a problem there, tho in my experience with my email provider which offers ssl mail on port 487 i had to dump all the ssl settings and use tls and it seemed to work fine
in claws mail, in evolution i need tls to initiate authentication, so you may just need to edit some settings, also your isp (or mail provider may have a home page with a settings config page),

I have run into problems (differences actually) between almost every client that can be thought of for linux, but in the end with a little perseverance they all work fine, actually doing in some cases stuff they shouldnt because they not windows based.

If that clears it up like mud, we are always about in IRC to help get ya sorted pronto

P.S.

I know what JasonGL would say right about now about the derailer ..........
andreaborman

Post by andreaborman »

ThistleWeb wrote:
andreaborman wrote:Well,I and my friends have renamed Outlook Express and it's clones of it. That is,Thunderbird,SeaMonkey Mail,Windows Live Mail,Windows Mail,Spicebird,Zimbra desktop and others-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE.
Why do you insist on trolling to derail these threads? You've made your level of technological ability plain to everyone. These programs all work just fine, the common factor is YOU, the fact that YOU are incapable of getting them to work speaks volumes about YOU, not the programs. If they didn't work why would ANYONE install them? The info you need for ANY email client is your port numbers, incoming / outgoing server info, security settings etc. No matter how often that's explained to you, you still insist on trolling these threads with more inane examples of your own incompetence, laying them down as fact, as if everyone else is as incompetent as you.

This just in.......we're not. Most people are capable of figuring that out "hey whats this pop / smtp server stuff? where do I find this?" Do some Googling, to find 1,000's of forum posts, blog posts, documentation guides ALL pointing out EXACTLY how to get this info. I know for a FACT that Googlemail have guides to use GMail in Outlook, Outlook Express and (I think) Thunderbird. You don't need guides for every client, they all seek the same info. If you have a guide for Outlook, it has all the info you need to set up ANY client. This was before Thunderbird dramatically simplified the process for GMail. Now it's painfully simple to set it up, and you STILL can't manage even that.

- Douglas Adams
Well,I really DON'T know what my port numbers are or what my POP or SMTP server is. I have not got a clue. I don't know that. And that's the truth. Andrea Borman.
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

andreaborman wrote:
ThistleWeb wrote:
Do some Googling, to find 1,000's of forum posts, blog posts, documentation guides ALL pointing out EXACTLY how to get this info. I know for a FACT that Googlemail have guides to use GMail in Outlook, Outlook Express and (I think) Thunderbird. You don't need guides for every client, they all seek the same info. If you have a guide for Outlook, it has all the info you need to set up ANY client. This was before Thunderbird dramatically simplified the process for GMail. Now it's painfully simple to set it up, and you STILL can't manage even that.

- Douglas Adams
Well,I really DON'T know what my port numbers are or what my POP or SMTP server is. I have not got a clue. I don't know that. And that's the truth. Andrea Borman.
See andreaborman you truly are and inept one arent you, go too google .com input pop settings+youremail provider here

or if you have ISP email (that'll stump her) phone them (as actually using the computer escapes you at the best of times) and they will happily provide them.

it is really that easy

P.S.

i think ill agree with one of your video posts and never bother with you again as all you do is misinform yourself then spread it to a social site for others to see and and lol or be influenced (not likely as most actually do research first)
ThistleWeb

Post by ThistleWeb »

andreaborman wrote:Well,I really DON'T know what my port numbers are or what my POP or SMTP server is. I have not got a clue. I don't know that. And that's the truth. Andrea Borman.
Never a truer word was said, yet you feel you have some technical skillz to be advising others? A drunk chimp could Google for that info and be told "it's something your ISP provides". I have been very entertained by your videos BTW. I note in the latest one you state that you've moved back to Windows, I'll cut the sarcastic responses on the rest of your video, I was laughing so hard I don't know where to begin. There's so many wrong statements it's hilariously entertaining. I'll suffice by asking "why are you still here?"

You've decided in your infinite technical opinions that Lynux is not for you, that email clee-ents are beyond your ability to fathom out. Why are you still here? While the rest of the world moved beyond Windows, you'll still be stuck on Windows with an email clee-ent you're incapable of figuring out how to use.

What really baffles me is that how you could possibly stumble through and install Lynux at all with your level of technical expertise. I guess that's a huge thumbs up for Mint that they made it simple enough even you could install it?

If your assertions on your videos are what you really believe, you're making a fool out of yourself, do yourself a favour, spend some time Googling for the terms you're using, try reading what they mean. That way you "may" avoid digging yourself an even bigger hole. You probably don't know this but the internet doesn't forget; search for "cache". There are sites out there that archive stuff that gets deleted, you won't be able to delete embarrassing content you post from everywhere.

The thing that will draw you the most attention is claiming to be a "guru" when a simple email clee-ent baffles your esteemed abilities.

Oh, and please, if you're gonna quote us, please link to your posts, so your audience can have a laugh too. It makes it easier for us to promote.
andreaborman

Post by andreaborman »

But they have got THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE on Linux as well. Thunderbird,Spicebird,Zimbra Desktop and others. All clones of Outlook Express. So we are stuck with THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE on Linux and Windows. Andrea Borman.
Last edited by andreaborman on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThistleWeb

Post by ThistleWeb »

What part of this don't you understand? These email clients work perfectly well for everybody else except YOU. If you'd stop to think for a minute it'd occur to you to Google for this info, I even gave you a clue where to look. You'd find this info was pretty easy to get. At which point ANY email client would work for you. You keep using ALL CAPS like it's HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED but when you mean "NOBODY" you're in a very exclusive group consisting of you and your friends. NOBODY else has this problem.

Given that most of the modern world use computers, we all communicate in various ways. Companies use email. How do you think we do this if none of these clients work? Do you think corporations send owls to different departments? Do they have special programs? If only webmail works, why would ANYONE bother to create a client? I understand the paid apps like Windows, where people are employed to code. Why would people VOLUNTEER their time and skill on something that doesn't work at all for anyone?

As your inadvertently hilarious videos have shown, you've went back to Windows, do us all a favour and leave here too.

Since you're incapable of Googling, "derailing a thread" means "posting to a thread to switch the topic away from what the thread is for". You're previous derailing was a question about "whether you use Linux as your only OS" which your ravings derailed into a hilariously misunderstood rant about Outlook Express and your inability to use it. This thread is about Thunderbird working intermittently in Mint 10, which you've derailed with the SAME ARGUMENT, it has NOTHING to do with Outlook Express, or your incompetence. It's not about showing the world just how little you understand both Linux and Windows, you have your comedy channel at MySpace for that.

"Hijacking" in internet terms is another word for "derailing". A thread started as one thing, you hijacked it and turned it to something else. Trolling is saying insanely stoopid things to intentionally cause or continue an argument. When you hijack the thread with insanely stoopid preconceptions you are trolling.

Banning an IP address as a violation of human rights? Don't even get me started on that one. There's one annoying thing about the FOSS community, we all swim in multiple pools. So when someone so insanely stoopid turns up in one place, the word spreads like ripples in a pond. Not only as comic relief, but as a heads up if they find their way to your community.
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

andreaborman wrote:But they have got THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE on Linux as well. Thunderbird,Spicebird,Zimbra Desktop and others. All clones of Outlook Express. So we are stick with THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE on Linux and Windows. Andrea Borman.
WOW, after seeing you're vids on myspace i can actually see where this is coming from, and then just because YOU can't understand the basic SIMPLEST of instructions you have to assume that nobody can.

Honestly lady (and i use that word as opposed to retard which would apply), alot of people must be able to use them as there are corporations around the planet that set them up everyday for there staff. hell i even now personally of people that start to work some where and are given the program and told to use it and they actually are able to find out their own settings.

After watching your video collection on my space which i know has been cataloged by a few peeps that see through your need for attention.

By the way I want to let you in on a little secret, you apparently have the skill to upload a video to myspace and other social sites, yet you cant wrap your head around the concept of email handling, MY GOD HOW THE SELF IMPORTANT HAVE FALLEN, my own wife can't upload a video to any social media, but she can handle email NO PROBLEM because she follow directions given by me. YOU cant follow directions because you have made no attempt to ever ask for them which OBVIOUSLY make you the most inept and possibly borderline mental deficient to ever grace a keyboard.

DO US ALL A FAVOR AND GET OFF THE POT

Also 99.5 percent of the people on the planet would simply laugh at your display of stupidity in your videos...

--------Edit----------

Since you seem so willing to blurt off here and highjack threads, looks like someone did it to you on you tube, lawl karma sucks don't it?
andreaborman

Post by andreaborman »

hemimaniac wrote:
andreaborman wrote:But they have got THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE on Linux as well. Thunderbird,Spicebird,Zimbra Desktop and others. All clones of Outlook Express. So we are stuck with THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE on Linux and Windows. Andrea Borman.
WOW, after seeing you're vids on myspace i can actually see where this is coming from, and then just because YOU can't understand the basic SIMPLEST of instructions you have to assume that nobody can.

Honestly lady (and i use that word as opposed to retard which would apply), alot of people must be able to use them as there are corporations around the planet that set them up everyday for there staff. hell i even now personally of people that start to work some where and are given the program and told to use it and they actually are able to find out their own settings.

After watching your video collection on my space which i know has been cataloged by a few peeps that see through your need for attention.

--------Edit----------

Since you seem so willing to blurt off here and highjack threads, looks like someone did it to you on you tube, lawl karma sucks don't it?
What? I have comment moderation enforced on You Tube so no bad comments get on my channel. And I don't know anybody who can use those email clients.

And if you are using a computer in another location,like an Internet cafe or an office. How do you know what their POP server is? I don't even though what my POP server is at home. And if I phoned up my Internet service provider,I don't think they would know either.

So the email clients are impossible to use, because they ask questions that we just can't answer. Because we don't know what our incoming or outgoing http.or POP server is, or what our SMTP server is. And even when you give them the answer they want,they still don't work.

So they really are-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. Andrea Borman.
Last edited by andreaborman on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

andreaborman wrote:
hemimaniac wrote:
andreaborman wrote:But they have got THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE on Linux as well. Thunderbird,Spicebird,Zimbra Desktop and others. All clones of Outlook Express. So we are stick with THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE on Linux and Windows. Andrea Borman.
What? I have comment moderation enforced on You Tube so no bad comments get on my channel. And I don't know anybody who can use those email clients.

And if you are using a computer in another location,like an Internet cafe or an office. How do you know what their POP server is? I don't even though what my POP server is at home. And if I phoned up my Internet service provider,I don't think they would know either.

So the email clients are impossible to use, because they ask questions that we just can't answer. Because we don't know what our incoming or outgoing http.or POP server is, or what our SMTP server is. And even when you give them the answer they want,they still don't work.

So they really are-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. Andrea Borman.
Been kissing the TASER on date night have ya?
You dont need the cafes pop settings, just the ones for your hotmail, yahoo, ISP and the like, then you can access it from anywhere you troll....
Get a grip and get a life PLEEEEAAASE

I can't believe im about to do this, but here it goes and hopefully you can go about your miserable un-informed way

lets say you have a laptop, download and install a mail client whether its in windows linux or mac and fill out the info

see HERE

if not listed there head to your ISP's website (as an example) here

then it doesnt matter, you can go to your local Internet cafe, a motel on a trip, or a boardroom on the other side of the planet (which in your case may be doofy world)

as long as you have an internet connection you can get your mail, send mail and in some instances (if supported by the mail server) alter and create folders.
in one of your video posts you mentioned that one of the responders said "you can configure online folders so mail isn't re-downloaded and YOU by your own admission said that you didn't know this was possible" makes me wonder as to what else you can't even begin to fathom what is possible.

so there you have it, so please stop hijacking threads and mail away.

Also id like to add to your uninformed state you stated in your video dribble and i quote "well i never took over a plane so i dont see how they can humiliate me by calling me a highjacker"
Well i figure since i gave you a 101 lesson in BASIC EMAIL ill give you a linguistics 101 as a bonus
I quote "hijacker
hijacker
n 1: a holdup man who stops a vehicle and steals from it [syn: highjacker,
highwayman, road agent]
2: someone who uses force to take over a vehicle (especially an
airplane) in order to reach an alternative destination
[syn: highjacker]

-- From WordNet (r) 2.0"
NOTICE #2 take out the airplane and IN FACT you have done this to users looking for help by "THE VERY DEFINITION" of the word taken the thread to another destination, if you can't see this or any of my previous help is of any use to you, please pass it on to your likely "higher functioning viewers" so they can be helped and you can go back yo crayola and white paste (not for licking by the way)

Good Day and Good luck as i WILL pass this on to many other forum owners/moderators so they spot you coming over the hill. Bad enough you sullied this place worse then I EVER could, but at least others can be spared the horrible trauma of your general stunted development!!!!!
andreaborman

Post by andreaborman »

Well,Thunderbird is another version of Outlook Express,made by Mozilla. The same people who made Firefox,which is much better and far more superior than Internet Explorer. So I don't understand how the same people who made Firefox. When they made an email client, they made it have the same system as Outlook Express has,exactly the same. So Thunderbird is a clone of Outlook Express, just like all of the other email clients are.

So that you won't get those email clients up and running. And when I tried Thunderbird on both Linux and Windows,it would not let me use it.

And no matter what I do or try, I cannot get those email clients to work. And so it seems that both Windows and Linux users,
are doomed to never to be able to use that email.

And I read that website link you gave me about the POP servers, and I did not understand any of it. Andrea Borman.

Return to “Software & Applications”