Hello to the Linux Mint users of da world!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lmintnewb

Hello to the Linux Mint users of da world!

Post by lmintnewb »

My names david and I'm an alcoholic,

Errrr I meant new linux mint user. Like this distro, seems top shelf and am happy to have found it and this forum. Some interesting people here.

I like long walks on the beach, prefer dogs 2 cats ... although the older I get, cats are growing on me now, lol. My favorite dy of the week is payday. Ummm that's about it, nice digitally meeting everyone.

d.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Hello to the Linux Mint users of da world!

Post by viking777 »

My names david and I'm an alcoholic,
You are probably in the right place then :lol:

Linux is just like alcoholism you have to take it one day at a time. You will get ups and you will get downs, but if you stick with it you will kick the alcohol/windows habit in the end :D

BTW what are you going to do with that forum name when you have been using linux for 10 years or so?
lmintnewb

Post by lmintnewb »

LOL !

Nice observation about the one day at a time, LOL.

And ummmm, hadn't thought about the username, ( scratches head ) :shock: Will have to think on it, lol.

Nice meeting ya Viking.
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

Hi David and welcome to Linux Mint and the forums.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
lmintnewb

Post by lmintnewb »

Thanks donec, :D
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello lmintnewb,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint

PS.I can change outgrown usernames - just let me know what you would like instead
lmintnewb

Post by lmintnewb »

Thanks ... think I'm falling in love with you gals/guys distro. Hope to see linux take the personal computing world by storm one day soon. Looks of what the Mint developers are doing. Would be nice to see Mint leading the charge. M$ shareholders ... take heed ! Like this support community too. A lot of obviously intelligent, funny and interesting Mint users have gravitated here. lol ... hopefully they'll tolerate me.

;)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”