Why different versions of dropbox?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
madwoollything

Why different versions of dropbox?

Post by madwoollything »

LMDE is just fantastic .... I have LMDE 32 & 64 bit along with a new install of XFCE.

The only thing I've noticed is that LMDE32 uses dropbox 0.7.110 (coloured icon) while LMDE64 uses 1.0.10 and XFCE uses 1.0.28 (both with mono-chrome icons). Why the differences?

How can I update LMDE32 to use a later version of dropbox with the mono-chrome icon?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Why different versions of dropbox?

Post by richyrich »

Are all three using the exact same repositories for their software sources ?
madwoollything

Post by madwoollything »

richyrich wrote:Are all three using the exact same repositories for their software sources ?
Yes, sources.list is identical for all three installations.
It's very odd ....
dbkblk

Post by dbkblk »

That behavior with dropbox is not linked to the LMDE package. I think you've installed dropbox in your 32bits installation before Dropbox 1.0 was out (the previous version was 0.7). DB will auto-update your installation in some weeks. They did activated delay in auto-update to avoid theirs servers being saturated !

You just have to stop DB and remove your ".dropbox-dist" directory and dropbox will download the latest stable version again !
If you're not an english native talker, you can also use the latest unstable version with translations (i use that one but there could be bugs):
http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=36333
madwoollything

Post by madwoollything »

dbkblk wrote:That behavior with dropbox is not linked to the LMDE package. I think you've installed dropbox in your 32bits installation before Dropbox 1.0 was out (the previous version was 0.7). DB will auto-update your installation in some weeks. They did activated delay in auto-update to avoid theirs servers being saturated !

You just have to stop DB and remove your ".dropbox-dist" directory and dropbox will download the latest stable version again !
If you're not an english native talker, you can also use the latest unstable version with translations (i use that one but there could be bugs):
http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=36333
Many thanks

Return to “LMDE Archive”