No Quit Button in Newest Version of Mint-Menu

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
technoshaun

No Quit Button in Newest Version of Mint-Menu

Post by technoshaun »

I updated to the newest version of Mint-Menu for LMDE this morning. Everything works fine but there is no Quit button showing on the menu.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmintnewb

Re: No Quit Button in Newest Version of Mint-Menu

Post by lmintnewb »

Yeah but more importantly ... there's no crappy lil micro$tinks window icon showing on your computer either, lol. One must remember to count their blessings afterall.

Messing around ... being a clown. Can't really say about LMDE since I'm using Mint's main edition ( planning on making LMDE or the debian based one with xfce the next forray into linux ) But with this version it doesn't matter ... you hit one button on the menu and it gives you a whole selection of other options at that point.

Logout, suspend, hibernate ... shut down, etc. Surely the menu you have does the same ?
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

It should not have changed by itself, but
right click menu>preferences>system=
Check to see that its still checked.
technoshaun

Post by technoshaun »

That was the first thing I checked. Even unchecked it and rechecked it. The Quit option just simply is not showing. Its not a huge issue as I can hit the power button on the laptop to get the shutdown menu but I would rather do it through the menu.
technoshaun

Post by technoshaun »

NM I just figured it out. Adjusted my height to 220 and the button came up. I have the option to show GTK Bookmarks enabled and it was pushing the Quit button down so it wasn't showing.

Return to “LMDE Archive”