Mailing list ...

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Mailing list ...

Post by tenfoot »

I'm a great believer in mailing lists for exchange of information, in addition to Forums. One advantage of the mailing list is that one doesn't have to spend a long time on the internet and for someone like myself, on a fixed income, that is a great advantage.

So, a question to Clem. Have you ever given consideration to setting up a Mint mailing list? Being a non-techie, I have no idea of what is involved, so please feel free to tell me it is an impossible suggestion, if need be :-)

Regards from New Zealand on a very, very wet Sunday evening. Wet as it may be, it doesn't stop the idiots letting off fireqworks to celebrate Guy Fawkes :-)

tenfoot
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Post by civint »

I could always start up a googleGroup, if people were up for that (assuming people have google accounts...) since that has almost the same fuction as a mailing list as far as I can tell. Feedback on that idea pls...

civ

*edit*
as it turns out, there is a linux mint google group already, but in turkish...
*/edit*
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

civint wrote:I could always start up a googleGroup, if people were up for that (assuming people have google accounts...) since that has almost the same fuction as a mailing list as far as I can tell. Feedback on that idea pls...

civ

*edit*
as it turns out, there is a linux mint google group already, but in turkish...
*/edit*
Yes, that would good and certainly satisfy my needs. Thank you.

Sorry! At 76+ I'm a little too old to learn another language :cry:

tenfoot
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Post by civint »

I'm with you on the not learning another language..too impatient!
We'd need to drum up some support for it though!

Will be making that group within the week.
So all with a google account, search for linux mint and It'll be there!
Again, will need support for this to function, so as many people as wish, join up!
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Re:

Post by tenfoot »

civint wrote:I'm with you on the not learning another language..too impatient!
We'd need to drum up some support for it though!

Will be making that group within the week.
So all with a google account, search for linux mint and It'll be there!
Again, will need support for this to function, so as many people as wish, join up!

I'm getting old and very forgetful, 'cos I'm certain that I went into googlegroups and signed up for the minty group. But now I'm beginning to wonder, as I have received no posts in my mailbox, nor can I find the group within Google.

Will some kind person take me gently by the arm and point me in the right direction?

Regards from New Zealand on a wet and bleak Sunday afternoon.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”