problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_[SOLVED]sort of

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
justanoob

problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_[SOLVED]sort of

Post by justanoob »

Code: Select all

The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_mintMenu".    
Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration?
This occurred seemingly out of nowhere. I opened synaptic and reinstalled, restarted twice with the same error message. I right clicked the panel to add mintMenu and got the error message again.

I am using a week old clean install of Mint 10 Julia. I have never had so many problems. I love mint but I am frustrated, I am also having network issues.

I found one other mention of this same issue in the forum with no reply. I'm thinking I should go back to Mint 9.

thanks in advance for any replies.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaddogF16

Re: The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GN

Post by MaddogF16 »

Did you make any edits on the mint menu at all?
justanoob

Re: The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GN

Post by justanoob »

None to the menul. The only changes I made prior to this occurrence were uninstalling wicd and reinstalled network-manager ( due to wireless network issues), and I installed Python and Idle.
justanoob

Re: problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_[SOLVED]sort of

Post by justanoob »

I switched a KDE session and now I have a menu.
mariomint

Post by mariomint »

One solution I came across was to switch to a KDE session!
I wish i knew how to do that! It might fix my problem, any advice would help!!
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Post by midas »

I experience the same problem here under a freshly installed Linux Mint Katya (64 bits)....it is quite an annoying bug. One time the mint-menu is completely disappeared, the next time it is the date/clocktime or soundapplet. I switched off desktop-effects completely but it doesn't help. Is there any solution?
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)
beer-in-box

Post by beer-in-box »

I have the same issue. I just hate it. Anything to solve the issue?
l00lee

Post by l00lee »

i have the same problem. One time the mint-menu is completely disappeared, the next time it is the date/clocktime or soundapplet. And, everytime the arrangement of the application on the panel keep changing. This is really annoying. Is there any solution?
beer-in-box

Post by beer-in-box »

l00lee wrote:i have the same problem. One time the mint-menu is completely disappeared, the next time it is the date/clocktime or soundapplet. And, everytime the arrangement of the application on the panel keep changing. This is really annoying. Is there any solution?
Exactly same stuff happened to me in the last 2 days. It is a little problem but it is so annoying that you can consider switching your distro! Just please someone come up with a solution.
MSXManiac

Post by MSXManiac »

with me i resolve reading content in this link:

http://axezn.tk/2011/08/14/debian-wheez ... -mintmenu/

Return to “Software & Applications”