KINO CRASHES

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anthony2010

KINO CRASHES

Post by anthony2010 »

Hi all.

Ive tried using Kino to upload video from my old Sony trv 620e camcorder (digital8).

It fine for a minute or two then crashes. Ive tried Kino in Ubuntu, Fedora and Mint. Its the same in all cases.

Does anyone have a solution or know of another program I could use?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
anthony2010

Re: KINO CRASHES

Post by anthony2010 »

ok I think Ive 'almost' cracked the problem.

I switched to Kdelive. I say almost because at some point during upload, the moving picture on the screen stops and it appears to have crashed... but it hasn't and the video is uploaded. Its a slight pain in the proverbial but one can then edit the video directly from the newly made file.

So whilst not a workaround, its still a better deal than kino because the seeming crash -isnt.

I wont mark this as solved yet because the initial query over kino remains and other people may want a solution still. I will close this thread soon.

Im using the latest mint btw.

Over to other minters!

Anthony.
stewie

Post by stewie »

What type of storage does it use? you might try transfering it from the camera to the computer then importing from there you might also check out openshot its in the repos
anthony2010

Re: KINO CRASHES SOLVED

Post by anthony2010 »

Its the transferring to the computer part that did not work. ?The kino site says the product is no longer maintained.

Therefore, I'm using Kdelive. It works but it sometimes appears to have crashed on upload - but it hasn't.

I'm marking this one as solved.

AH
ausmuso

Post by ausmuso »

Hi anthony2010,
I have used Kino in the past and, although it sometimes crashed on me, it worked most of the time. But then, I've never tried it with video8 format.
You might like to try Cinelerra instead.
Another option might be to download the video8 file to your computer, then use Transcode to transform in into some other format before letting Kino loose on it. Transcode, if you haven't used it before, may take some getting used to. It is strictly a command line tool, although an icredibly versatile one.

Return to “Sound”