Mint stickers to cover windows

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
samriggs

Mint stickers to cover windows

Post by samriggs »

My wife was ripping off the windows sticker on her system the last defiance that was left so I came up with a sticker to cover that windows one since I switched them all over to linux mint now I have some more to cover up that nasty windows one on the computers.
It fits over mine and my wifes but not the netbooks, I'll rescale it and make it to fit.
I added some of the logos that were available for this so it is not entirely my artwork but I just wanted to cover that dang windows one.
Just print it on a avery sticker or anything that sticks I guess cut it out and stick it right over bill gates logo :lol:
Just thought I would share it with those who want to do the same thing to theres.
Here it be, If anyone wants one for the other mint editions let me know and I'll make one and upload it here, We all use lmde here thats why that was done and I added more.
linux_mint_big_sticker.png
linux_mint_KDE_BIG_sticker.png
linux_mint_LMDE_Big_sticker.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
samriggs

Re: Mint stickers to cover windows

Post by samriggs »

I can only add 3 at a time so heres the last one
linux_mint_XFCE_Big_sticker.png
I'll be adding the lmde one on any more installs I do as thats the only install I like doing since theres no more reinstalling :lol:
call me lazy but it works.
Enjoy covering up that windows sticker.
I'll upload the smaller ones for the netbooks once I have them finished and if anyone wants one for the flux or lxde let me know if I haven't made it by then I'll make it and upload them for you here and maybe add them in the mint artwork.

Ennjoy
Sam
AdamS

Post by AdamS »

NICE, need to find some sticker paper. Thanks
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Glad you like it.
Thanks to Henrique Perticarati for some of the logo made for this saved me time creating it myself.
Just thought this was one area missing for artwork for mint and another way to pass on some free advertising for the mint on folks computers.
Plus we wanted that windows logo gone.
Another area that might be nice is to make some notebook and netbook skins for folks to print up and use for their computers, I know ubuntu used to do this with notebooks that came installed with ubuntu on it ( I seen it once online can't remember if it was dell or not that was selling them), might be nice to have that for the mint also.
I was a computer artist for a sign company so it wouldn't be hard to make these.
Just find a printer that would print it big enough or a print shop that would do it for you (some quick print place would do it for a cheap price), make sure the surface is clean before applying, vinegar and water is good, some window cleaners are good some leave a film, just make sure it is clean before applying it (be careful not to get any liquid on the keyboard or anywhere but on the surface so use a semidry cloth only). we used vinyl to print on (with a sticky side) and then laminate it (carefully so no bubbles appear) before you apply it, then start on one side or the middle (if it's the flattest side) and use a hair dryer to heat it up around the corners of the notebook or netbook (not to much to wreck the computer) it doesn't take much to wrap it around corners (if needed at all). You can also use primer for the edges, it is a thin clear smelly liquid that makes the vinyl or whatever you use stick better but it is expensive. we use it for signs and car wraps on edges and deep grooves in cars, they also have spray adhesives 3m is the best and smoothest and doesn't clump for edges (but it should be ok without primer or spray we wrapped notebooks without this and it stuck good). The lamination helps to keep it from fading from wear which you can get almost anywhere.
If you cannot get vinyl to go through a printer then paper should be fine as long as it is laminated with a good spray adhesive (3m) spray the paper before applying it, leave it for about 10 seconds to let the glue set a touch then apply it (be careful though because there is no turning back with applying it with spray like you can with vinyl), it's a one shot deal doing it this way.The lamination also makes it thicker and easier to apply it.
This can also be used for these little stickers as well :D
One way to get the word out more about the mint and make your computer look cool.
I'll try some skins when I get some spare time myself.

Sam
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Ok I made some smaller ones for those netbook sticker coverups (I measured according to my sisters netbook to cover hers up)
I have to put them in two post because there is to many.
If anyone wants flux or lxde let me know and I'll quickly make them or if anyone wants the gimp files then I'll upload them all to the mint artwork so everyone can fool around with them and make there own, the base size will be in them all at 300 dpi.
Let me know.
Here be the small ones I only put the logo since there was so little room to play with.
small_debian_lmde_mint.png
small_kde_mint.png
small_linux_mint.png
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

here be the final one
small_xfce_mint.png
just in case anyone wants to make there own here is the measurements for these.

The small ones are 5/8" x 5/8" orrrr .625" x .625" orrrrr 188px x 188px
the big ones are 5/8" x 7/8" orrrrr .625" x .875" orrrrr 188px x 263px
Thought I'd put all three in cause everyone uses different things to measure by.

Enjoy those stickers covering up that nasty windows one :D

By the way Gúrú Linux ríomhaire Love your work you have in your sigs, excellent work, maybe you can make some stickers or skins, sure you make fantastic ones by the way your sigs look.

Sam
pan

Post by pan »

Very nice, thank you! 8)
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Thanks glad you like them.
Another way we used to use in the sign shop if no sticky vinyl was available is to use photo paper or paper with double sided tape on it (very thin double sided tape)
That should do it as far as I can think of how to stick these suckers down :wink:
Sam
AdamS

Post by AdamS »

Picked up some sticker paper and printed out a sheet.

NICE.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

:D Cool glad it worked out for ya.
I'm getting my sticky paper tomorrow, got three others here waiting to cover that nasty windows sticker.
I guess I should finish up making the other versions of mint for these, hopefully I can get em done in between the new theme I'm making for my new wallpaper.
Shouldn't take long, if I just drop the already made ones in but I recreated over half of them to make them work better, except the kde one, I just dropped another logo in that one.
Maybe I'll come up with the flux logo in the mint leaf for that one, hopefully it'll look good.
AdamS

Post by AdamS »

what she looks like on my netbook
101_0932.JPG
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Sorry I haven't replied in a bit, been bust trying to get a xfwm done for someone, plus gives me a chance to learn how to theme for that system.
Looks great :D
I got another laptop I have to stick one of these on, when I get em all done I'll post what they look like on these ones also.
Better get cracking and finish the other two versions also, to many projects on the go at the same time I guess :lol:

Sam
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Ok I finally got around to finishing these off and added ones for the fluxbox and LXDE for those who wanted them, I'll get around to adding them to the mint art as soon as I get some time here.
I have to add these in two post because of the limit restrictions on images
Har they be

LXDE
linux_mint_LXDE_BIG_sticker.png
Small one
small_linux_mint_LXDE.png
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

and the fluxbox ones
linux_mint_Fluxbox_BIG_sticker.png
and the smaller one
small_linux_mint_Fluxbox.png
if anyone wants the gimp files let me know and you can create your own.

Enjoy
Sam

I decided to package these things up into one zip file, you can get them all here now instead of just clicking one one form here unless you just want one.
Get them from HERE
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Thank you for the great picture. Now I don't have to show my Windows logo and can put the Mint one there.

I have printed it with contrast +20% and brightness -10% for the text to be readable on 600dpi. Will print a 1200x600dpi image soon I think, but Linux is needed for that resolution. I'm in Windows right now where the driver does only support 300x300 and 600x600.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

AlbertP wrote:Thank you for the great picture. Now I don't have to show my Windows logo and can put the Mint one there.

I have printed it with contrast +20% and brightness -10% for the text to be readable on 600dpi. Will print a 1200x600dpi image soon I think, but Linux is needed for that resolution. I'm in Windows right now where the driver does only support 300x300 and 600x600.
Glad you liked it AlbertP
I saved these as 300dpi resolution, which is fine for printing, the naked eye doesn't really see beyond 300dpi so they say in the printing industry although I really don't believe it but it's close enough for a sticker :)

Sam
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Ok, but at least with 600dpi the 'from freedom came elegance' was a bit readable (with a reading glass), with 300dpi it was blurred. But maybe that's caused by my printer and not your image.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

hmmm maybe I should remake these with a lot higher dpi it would hurt that's for sure, I know when we made signs at 300dpi and I made artwork at a lot higher it always came out cleaner.
Soon as I get some time I'll redo these at a higher dpi and see how it goes.
Maybe 1200x1200 as long as the mb don't jump to high it should be better, better to be safe than sorry since this is for printing and not for the net.
Thanks for your testing and input, I'll get er done and post it here when I get it done Albert.
Thanks again.
Sam
ps it was more then likley the dpi on the image instead of your printer, I also doubled the sized when making it then shrunk it down by 50% most times it works great to get better detail but sometimes it jumbles up small areas especially when there isn't enough dpi tp spread them around better.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

The MB's is not the problem, my printer has 64MB memory.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

AlbertP wrote:The MB's is not the problem, my printer has 64MB memory.
:D Great I'll try and get to it today and upload it to the deviantart page I have it at, I'll post here soon as I get it done so you'll know.

EDIT:
OK I increased the resolution from 300dpi to 1200 dpi :D should print out fine now (hopefully).
Here's the link for the updated download: http://samriggs.deviantart.com/art/Linu ... -212595686
Let me know if this prints better or not.
Thanks for your input Albert.

Hopefully it'll print better.
From now on anything I make for printing I'll up the resolution.
Sam

Return to “Your Artwork”