No software volume control on sound

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: No software volume control on sound

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint Hybrid_theory
My theory is that you've made a typo :) Mint 4.10 will never exist :)
Double click on the volume control - I assume that with "the software controller" you mean the little loudspeaker by the clock.
In the "Archive" section you may have an option "Switch unit". Do so and see what happens. A lot of motherboards with built in sound have two units, I have "Nvidia CK804" and "Realtek ALC850". Not that I know why but that's the way it is
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: No software volume control on sound

Post by Husse »

Archive should be there in the menu once you've double clicked the volume control (speaker) The alternative to the left, and once you click it you get the options Switch unit and Quit
Suspend is a nasty thing.....
The advice is to do a cold reboot, usually solves the problems associated with suspend and hibernate
(Cold reboot - shut down for a while and then boot again)

Return to “Beginner Questions”