Can't get Katya software manager to install Conky

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NicoleCtrl

Can't get Katya software manager to install Conky

Post by NicoleCtrl »

I tried installing Conky-all. It says it installed but I can't find it anywhere. I went to the start menu and typed "conky" in the search but nothing comes up. If I restart software manager, it says the program has been installed. Can't figure out if it really did install or, if it did, how I'm supposed to access it.

Thanks! Sorry if I posted in the wrong area.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: Can't get Katya software manager to install Conky

Post by Habitual »

Welcome to LinuxMint!
Open a terminal and type conky, what happens?
ThistleWeb

Post by ThistleWeb »

I did a screencast about Conky in Mint if you're interested. http://thistleweb.co.uk/screencast/linux/conky
NicoleCtrl

Post by NicoleCtrl »

Habitual wrote:Welcome to LinuxMint!
Open a terminal and type conky, what happens?
Hi, thanks : ) Looks like Conky was installed after all because typing that into the terminal brought it up.
ThistleWeb wrote:I did a screencast about Conky in Mint if you're interested. http://thistleweb.co.uk/screencast/linux/conky
Thanks, that was very helpful and got me off to a good start. I watched it all. I'm now using Hanna's script on page 1 of that Crunchbang thread. If you have a moment could you tell me step-by-step how to download the required fonts sets and the script/applications (like Conkyexaile, whatever that is) needed to get Hanna's .conkyrc to fully work on my computer?

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”