Virtual Box Error

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bigphredo
Level 1
Level 1

Virtual Box Error

Post by bigphredo »

While trying to install XP I get this error, any ideas?

The VirtualBox kernel driver is not accessible to the current user. Make sure that the user has write permissions for /dev/vboxdrv by adding them to the vboxusers groups. You will need to logout for the change to take effect..
VBox status code: -1909 (VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_ACCESSIBLE).

Result Code:
0x80004005
Component:
Console
Interface:
IConsole {1dea5c4b-0753-4193-b909-22330f64ec45}
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Virtual Box Error

Post by 900i »

bigphredo wrote:While trying to install XP I get this error, any ideas?

by adding them to the vboxusers groups. You will need to logout for the change to take effect..
You need to logout and back in again for the changes to take effect, also add your user to the group vboxusers in user/group admin in the control panel.
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
bigphredo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Virtual Box Error

Post by bigphredo »

Thanks guys for all your help so far, I got it up and working the only thing I can't finish is to install the driver for the motherboard. Its a Asus Nvidia nForce2, when I try to start the install CD it says "EAccessViolation". Has anyyone seen this before or know why I can't get this to work? Thank again for all your help so far.

Return to “Software & Applications”