Broken links in the forum

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Joe1

Broken links in the forum

Post by Joe1 »

Noticed a lot of internal links inside the forum and pages indexed by Google return this error :

Code: Select all

Information

No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame.
Url: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=27621

Are we fixing this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rich_roast

Re: Broken links in the forum

Post by rich_roast »

I'm not sure what's broken. That error is what you would expect if you searched for posts within a specific time frame using the search feature, and either that time frame is impossible (in the future, for example), or that there just aren't any. Since time frames are not reflected in urls produced by phpbb, I don't see how this error could be produced by any link. I tried yours -- it works OK.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you? Could you provide us with steps to reproduce, please?
Joe1

Post by Joe1 »

I'll have to investigate further. It looks like links to older posts and topics do not work. This happens on the forum as well as on Google search results. Will collect some more examples.
Joe1

Post by Joe1 »

Another example of a "broken" link to me:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 49#p296549

This give me the "No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame." error.

Nobody else has seen this error before?
I'm different machines and different browsers and can reproduce this in plenty of ways. :?
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

I just tested that link - it leads to my reply to your post in "Introduce Yourself"
All I can suggest is to check under "Advanced Search" that the "Limit results to previous:" option is set to "All Results"

Return to “Non-technical Questions”