Hello Linux Mint

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TrawlerJoe

Hello Linux Mint

Post by TrawlerJoe »

Just wanted to introduce myself and say 'hi'. I've been shackled to Windows for far too long, and I'm really enjoying the Linux Mint (Katya) experience so far... and promising myself that I won't ever buy Windows again. I'm pretty technically savvy, though not too familiar with Mint, Ubuntu, or Linux in general, so I'm sure I'll be poking my head in here with questions occasionally.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

-Joe
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Hello Linux Mint

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums Joe!

Cheers.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint forums Joe. You will find a lot of information and help from some very enthusiastic and knowledgeable Mint users. I'm sure you will also want to visit our Mint Community Website at http://community.linuxmint.com/. You will find real-time help in our IRC channels. Just go to Menu>Internet>XChat IRC and when you open it you will automatically be taken to our #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help channels. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Joe,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302355
Evil-K

Post by Evil-K »

And a hello to you too Joe! There are a lot of kind, helpful people here, so you're in good hands. If you're like me and I know I am, I think you'll love Mint. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Katya, that it's a fine distro. I've got Isadora and it's wonderful.

Welcome aboard!
TrawlerJoe

Post by TrawlerJoe »

Thanks for the welcome, and for the links!

Joe
subeh.sharma

Post by subeh.sharma »

i've been on Ubuntu since 2006 but have faced lots of problem on it. I've recently shifted to Linux Mint and found this community much much helpful than Ubuntu's and the OS is much stable than Ubuntu.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”