Distrowatch page hit ranking for Mint

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ellipse55

Distrowatch page hit ranking for Mint

Post by ellipse55 »

I looked at the Distrowatch page hit ranking for the last 7 days and Mint came up FIRST!!!!

Page Hit Ranking
Data span: Last 7 days

Distrib. Hits per day
1 Mint 2896>
2 Ubuntu 2513<
3 Fedora 1693<
4 Debian 1568>
5 MEPIS 1548>
6 openSUSE 1298<
7 Arch 1266<
8 Pinguy 1126<
9 PCLinuxOS 1043<
10 Vector 882>

Fun, no? :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Distrowatch page hit ranking for Mint

Post by nunol »

Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

YUP - Mint usually hit the No.1

soon after any release, these days, :)
which is always nice. - mainly for PR purposes.
:D
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
airfreightdog

Post by airfreightdog »

It's interesting that Microsoft has been praised (in the computer press anyway) for doing what Canonical was trying to do - make a desktop look more like a smart phone/tablet. Linux people being somewhat more independent than Windows users pushed back hard and that explains to me a great deal of the switch in popularity - as of today Ubuntu has actually dropped to third behind Fedora for both the trailing 7 day period and the 30 day one. When Ubuntu said the "classic: view was only going to be supported for another 18 months and Mint said they weren't going down the Unity road this result was almost inevitable. Though I'm sure it will be a boost to Lubuntu and Kubuntu . I noticed that Microsoft said the classic view will always be available. Smart move.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

airfreightdog wrote:I noticed that Microsoft said the classic view will always be available. Smart move.
That's the only view I use on a windows system, I prefer speed to an artsy look/style
  • Probably why I am not a big Apple OSX fan, apart from the price-value proposition
    --although the thunderbolt 10gbps interface is interesting
Also I think Microsoft tends to see their OS as many versions of the same thing, whereas UNIX/Linux developers tend to see their OS as one for all, that is, it handles everything from mobile to PC to server to HPC (High Performance Computing, clusters..)
Ubuntu has mistakenly gone overboard and picked the wrong base to use
  • It is easier to simplify a system than complexify one..
neverfail

Post by neverfail »

Pierre wrote:YUP - Mint usually hit the No.1

soon after any release, these days, :)
which is always nice. - mainly for PR purposes.
:D
mint is really popular
codekidd

Post by codekidd »

I'm one of those unity hating Ubuntu converts, I am sad I didn't give Mint a chance sooner! Now i don't think I'll ever go back to another distro if Mint keeps up the great work on such a solid OS. I'm sold and plan on using it for a long time.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”