Howto from Gutsy to LM & what about Evolution?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Howto from Gutsy to LM & what about Evolution?

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint 61811
Yes just download - burn - install
No simple method to import, but both Evolution and Thunderbird use the mbox format and can read each others files directly. A little more to do than just importing but simple enough
http://www.linux.com/articles/113798
There's no way of telling you beforehand if suspend/hibernate is going to work. The wast majority have no problems but there is a number of users that experience problems.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

The versions don't have the issue - it's different computers that have the issue. By that I mean that there are computers that don't or do hibernate/suspend in all versions of Mint (and for that matter probably any OS) so it's not a version problem. One can say that it probably was somewhat "worse" in the early editions, but still no clear pattern
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

suspend and hibernate work most of the time - I found a few times that the wireless will not reconnect and I have to reboot.

I am in Celena.

also I use and you can too - Evolution email. I do not like firefox or thunderbird and use evolution and epiphany browser. I am not a fan of evolution but dislike thiunderbird that much that I use it. you can download that and use it if you want to.

Just in case you are interesting in still using evolution.

Return to “Beginner Questions”