Gwibber can't authenticate for private messages on Twitter.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
cdysthe

Gwibber can't authenticate for private messages on Twitter.

Post by cdysthe »

Hi,

Current version of Gwibber in LMDE doesn't authenticate for private messages with Twitter so an error message keeps popping up, and of course there's no private messages. I've seen there's the same problem in other distro's, but since mine is LMDE I ask here. I assume an update to Gwibber is required, but if there is a way around this please let me know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Gwibber can't authenticate for private messages on Twitt

Post by xenopeek »

Hi, I couldn't find anything related to private messages, only to authentication. Have a look: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1571574

Please else share a screenshot of the error. And how do you repeat the error to show? (I.e., what button if you press it always causes this error to pop up.)
Dr.m0x

Post by Dr.m0x »

We need to wait for an update from the Gwibber developers I think.

Sent from my Cyanogenmod 7 phone.
cdysthe

Post by cdysthe »

xenopeek wrote:Hi, I couldn't find anything related to private messages, only to authentication. Have a look: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1571574

Please else share a screenshot of the error. And how do you repeat the error to show? (I.e., what button if you press it always causes this error to pop up.)
Attached two screenshots. One shows the error in Gwibber itself (on top), and the other the message from Twitter about Gwibber not being able to send or receive private message when authenticated (scroll and follow red error on screen shot).

I do not press any button to get the error, I simply add my Twitter account. I have also tried remove Gwibber from Twitter and re add my account. Same problem. Other apps authorizes without this error.
ningbojoe

Post by ningbojoe »

I can confirm this error as it happens to me as well. I don't press any buttons to cause the problem it just happens and could be related to timeline updates!

Return to “LMDE Archive”