What is the status of the Update packs?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
marlar
Level 2
Level 2

What is the status of the Update packs?

Post by marlar »

Hi,

I have not been active in this forum for a few months because I spent most of my time outdoors in summer. Also, I have not updated my system for 2-3 months because every update broke my system and I couldn't afford the down time.

I have searched the forums for info on the update packs but I am still not sure what the status is. For example, in this blog post it says:
As a user

1. Wait for a few days until we start getting some feedback on these new technologies. We’ll then fix eventual bugs and when everything is ready this will smoothly replace your version of mintupdate.
Is this still the current status?

If not, how should I proceed if I want to use the update packs? Should I make a full upgrade first and fix whatever problems might occur, or can just jump into the update packs?

Thanks a million!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: What is the status of the Update packs?

Post by zerozero »

hi, you can start now using the update packs, follow this how-to http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=76556
marlar
Level 2
Level 2

Post by marlar »

Thanks zerozero, but that 14 pages long thread says " We need more testers to the new incoming repo (how-to)" and frankly, I don't want to be a tester. I have had too many breakages with LMDE and since I am self-employed software developer I must pay myself for the downtime for each breakage, so I can't afford spending the time testing the incoming update packages.

Is the update packs not yet ready for "ordinary" users?
secipolla

Post by secipolla »

You could use the 'latest' pack which is pre-tested and pay attention to any warnings you get regarding the upgrades.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

hi marlar,
in the first post of the thread you have the how-to set your LMDE to use the latest update pack, as secipola said is a pre-tested update (so very unlikely to have issues)
marlar
Level 2
Level 2

Post by marlar »

Ok thank you to both of you, I will give it a try :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”