Linux Mint Debian (201012) released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
SkittleLinux18

Re: Linux Mint Debian (201012) released!

Post by SkittleLinux18 »

If LMDE put out a KDE4.x version, I would switch from Kubuntu. A lot of my friends, whom I have told about LMDE the past month or so, never heard of this version of Mint and all have said at one point or another that they would switch from the the distros they use (Kubuntu, PCLinuxOS, Mint KDE CE, and Debian) immediately.
r2rX

Post by r2rX »

Well, the long updates are innevitable for the first time, on a fresh install, but you can always backup the packages that are downloaded and keep them safe. In case of a reinstall, you can always restore the backup files and the download time is reduced greatly. /var/cache/apt/archives

r2rX :)
wm_domino

Post by wm_domino »

i was told the respin should be out soon, anyone know where i can find it?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

here ya go http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=79217 (but if you already have your system up and running, there's no point in reinstalling - just saying)
wm_domino

Post by wm_domino »

saw 2 links to ftp sites, didn't see 201012 in either of them.

no worries, i already crashed this one removing pulseaudio and trying to make sound work before an update repaired something, that and for some reason mintupdate tried to update a program i thought i had removed lol...

and i'll prolly crash it another 20 just trying to find the correct hack for removing password requirements for everything under the sun since everyone keeps tap dancing around my request in another thread...

the respin will at least save me some time avoiding the update process.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

you have to look for the 201108 dated iso's, those are the respins.
wm_domino

Post by wm_domino »

d'oh :oops:

just figured that was some id #, tyvm

Return to “Releases & Announcements”