ImageMagick [ SOLVED ]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Dar-es-Salaam

ImageMagick [ SOLVED ]

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

Hi

I need several additional parts to ImageMagick but it will not install them, can anyone tell me why or what I am doing wrong. I am using aptitude to try and install them but all I get is the following

Some packages were broken and have been fixed:

libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev [Not Installed]
libgtk2.0-dev [Not Installed]
libjasper-dev [Not Installed]
liblcms1-dev [Not Installed]
libmagick++-dev [Not Installed]
libmagickcore-dev [Not Installed]
libmagickwand-dev [Not Installed]
librsvg2-dev [Not Installed]

[ Ok ]

The one's that I am trying to install are

libmagick++-dev
libmagick++4
libmagickcore-dev
libmagickcore3
libmagickcore4
libmagickcore4-extra
libmagickwand-dev
libmagickwand3
libmagickwand4

As you can see from the lists some of them have install while others will not and I can't find libmagick++4 at all

Any help please :D :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gerd50

Re: ImageMagick

Post by Gerd50 »

Hi Gordon,

which is your sources.list? For me it looks like latest testing? The pks you are trying to install are available in the testing repos.
Dar-es-Salaam

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

Hi Gerd50

Yeah they are testing and I am on testing repo's but they won't install
Gerd50

Post by Gerd50 »

I tried it and you are right, there are unsolved dependencies. Did you try it with a quick change to the unstable repos or
any other variable of the sources.list?
Dar-es-Salaam

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

Hi Gerd50,

Yes I was on incomming repro to start with but switched back to testing but I haven't tried unstable. I will have to find the unstable repro's to try it
Dar-es-Salaam

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

Hi Gerd50,

Success, switching to unstable did the trick though I have probably done something wrong as I did a dist upgrade so that now everything is on unstable.
Will switching back to incomming and doing a dist upgrade again remove the files that i needed to install the program I wanted to use make it crash ? :D :D
Gerd50

Post by Gerd50 »

Hi Gordon,

uuuhhh, dist upgrade with unstable sources sharpened? I guess you have the chance now to check how stable LMDE sid is :lol:

I don't know what will happen if you switch back to incoming testing and run a dist-upgrade again. All i know is, there
are a lot of warnings that upgrades are possible, but downgrades are dangerous.

What i would do if it happened to me is, changing the sources.list completly to unstable. And wait until a experienced person
with this maybe gives green light for a downgrade :mrgreen:
Dar-es-Salaam

Re: ImageMagick [ SOLVED ]

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

Hi Gerd50

What I suspected realy never mind unstable will have to do.

Thanks for all your help :D :D
Gerd50

Post by Gerd50 »

Hi Gordon,

will your next step be experimental? :lol:

Ok, i wish you good luck with your sidified LMDE :D
secipolla

Post by secipolla »

Dar-es-Salaam wrote:Will switching back to incomming and doing a dist upgrade again remove the files that i needed to install the program I wanted to use make it crash ? :D :D
No, but you can switch back to incoming and then you will probably stay a couple of weeks without much updates but later on you will enter the normal flow of updates.
Dar-es-Salaam

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

Hi secipolla,

Thanks for that. I didn't know that I could do that being as I switched to unstable cheers :D :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”