Christmas is approaching...

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Christmas is approaching...

Post by MagnusB »

And I am seeking out to continue my new tradition of donating to one free software project. Last year I gave a small amount to Spybot just due to all the years of worry free browsing it had provided me, and this year I am donating to Linux Mint, just for pure awesomeness and general coolness. It made me go back to an Ubuntu based distro, even though I was quite reluctant to do that after I realized I just did not like Ubuntu.
But what I am really wondering about is if it is possible to donate to a specific Mint project, as I think I saw some quite interesting ones in a thread here, or is it just a general donation?
It doesn't matter if there is or is not, I will donate (the same amount) no matter what, but if there is a possibility to do that...
I would also make a suggestion for others to donate to their current favorite projects as a token of gratitude and a nice Christmas present for the developers :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Christmas is approaching...

Post by npap »

Welcome MagnusB,
I second your motion.

WISHING YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS

Npap
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Just think. At the bottom of the page we have a little better than 4000 (4214) members. If everyone just gave 2 dollars / euros it's a good amount. Think of it as a repeating donation .... Merry Christmas Linux Mint. :D
revleo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by revleo »

i like the idea my problem is that just started a new job as a PC tech support operator for the circuit city people over at assurrant and will not be recieving stable pay right away when i have and if i can get the "BOSS" AKA.. Wife to okay it i will be donating so be nice and when i do make it a belated christmas prezzie from a no longer out of work tech
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

revleo: Hey good luck on the job scene. The thought is nice, and believe me my post wasn't meant as one of those .... yearly fund drives for ... uh ... public TV.
Anyway, you can contribute is many ways. Just being here on the forums and helping others. Especially those that are new to Linux / Linux Mint. And who knows, you could one day be in a discussion with someone and they mention Linux. You tell them about Mint. They really like it, and donate a million dollars (definitely LoL).
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

Not to mention clicking one of the ads each day until christmas, that could also be counted as supporting Mint
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I would love to donate but at this point I can't even register for the board because the link that was sent to me to verify my screen name takes me to a dead page. I've posted this before on another thread asking for a moderator to fix this but I got no response.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I have not seen the other post by Lynx and just stumbled on this one
I suppose its the registration email that's wrong.
Can you PM me in the forum and include the link - don't add it in something for everyone to see!
I hope I can fix it somehow
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Or you can contact me directly at root AT linuxmint DOT com.

newW2: If everybody on this forum was a sponsor, even a $1/month sponsor, I would be able to work full time on Linux Mint. You'd basically get 3 clems instead of 1 :)

Clem
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Wow three Clems for one less large soda or cup of designer coffee at a coffee bar ... so many ways to break it down. Oops starting to sound like a funds drive again. :)
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling clem on time...
would be so great

Return to “Non-technical Questions”