Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
cdysthe

Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Post by cdysthe »

Hi,

I've run the latest Liquorix 3 kernel for a while. The only problem I have is that Update Manager won't auto start. I have to start it manually after I have logged in. I was wondering if this is a general kernel 3 problem, or Liquorix. Question for those of you who has played around with the Debian testing 3.0 kernel: Does Update Manager start at login?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Post by viking777 »

cdysthe wrote:Hi,

I've run the latest Liquorix 3 kernel for a while. The only problem I have is that Update Manager won't auto start. I have to start it manually after I have logged in. I was wondering if this is a general kernel 3 problem, or Liquorix. Question for those of you who has played around with the Debian testing 3.0 kernel: Does Update Manager start at login?
It starts fine on kernel 3.0, and as I am sure you are aware Liquorix kernel is not part of LMDE so I guess that is where the problem is.
cdysthe

Post by cdysthe »

viking777 wrote:

It starts fine on kernel 3.0, and as I am sure you are aware Liquorix kernel is not part of LMDE so I guess that is where the problem is.
I am fully aware that Liquorix isn't part of LMDE. Also, the Update Manager starts fine with the Liquorix kernel, but not automatically when I log in. I'm still curious as to why that is.
LifeInTheGrey
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Re: Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Post by LifeInTheGrey »

cdysthe wrote:
viking777 wrote:

I am fully aware that Liquorix isn't part of LMDE. Also, the Update Manager starts fine with the Liquorix kernel, but not automatically when I log in. I'm still curious as to why that is.
Silly question, but have you checked startup applications?

Tappa tappa
the beauty of linux is that the rabbit hole goes as deep as you want it to go.
Roken
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Roken »

I've had no problems with kernels 2.6.39, 3.0.0, 3.1 rc 1, 2, 3 & 4 and mintupdate.

It's likely to be a configuration or, as LifeInTheGrey suggest, simply disabled/missing from startup applications.
Kernel Linux Tex 5.12.14-zen1-1-zen, XFCE
Arch
Dual GTX1070 8Gb
AMD Ryzen 1800X
32Gb RAM

Return to “LMDE Archive”