Intel Graphics 3150 problem?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
shareecoco

Intel Graphics 3150 problem?

Post by shareecoco »

Hello all. I just bought a HP mini and installed LMDE. It's the version with N570 Dual Core, 1G Ram, 250G Hard Drive.
I got everything working but it seems the system is unable to play 1080 vids smoothly.
I haven't installed anything for the graphics card yet so was wondering is it the graphics problem cuz the system was just using about 25% of the CPU resources and 300MB Ram.
I tried to search for a solution but I only find results for other cards or does 3150 work by default? Tried Ubuntu live boot video is worse so I don't think its a codecs problem?
Thanks all.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wyrdoak

Re: Intel Graphics 3150 problem?

Post by wyrdoak »

http://omnsprojectarchive.wordpress.com ... nd-compiz/

EDIT: I have found that some videos play better with VLC, Totem and Mplayer just doesn't seem to do it.
shareecoco

Post by shareecoco »

Thanks for the link, but when I type the first line in terminal I get this error:
E: Unable to locate package xserver-xorg-video-nv
Am I missing something? do I have do download and install the package manually?

Thanks.
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

no the first command was a purge, to make room for the next.
shareecoco

Post by shareecoco »

Thanks. I installed the packages but still can't play 1080.
The system plays 480 with no problem though, does it mean 1G Ram is not enough?
Also I have compiz installed but it doesn't seem to work. I typed in compiz-replace and gives me error messages... :(
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

you could try reducing you snappiness and see if that might help.http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... ss#p395384

I start having a problem around 720p, full screen, on my netbook. with swapiness set at 10 with 2gbs of RAM. But I figure it's kind of a push to expect it to perform better, it's still a netbook.

Return to “LMDE Archive”