How do you change the wallpaper in LM LXDE 10

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
seppalta

Re: How do you change the wallpaper in LM LXDE 10

Post by seppalta »

It can be a bit weird. GUI may work, not work, or just disappear. Refer to number (5) in Tuning LXDE in http://douwil7.100webspace.net/linux/mint.html.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

Not Mint LXDE, but identical from the standpoint of desktop customization. This page should come in handy:

http://peppermintos.com/guide/customize/
jp734

Post by jp734 »

I have upgraded now to Mint 11 LXDE but when I had Mint 10, I was able to change the desktop background in ONLY one way. And that is by going to /use/share/backgrounds folder.

1. rename the current image being used for background
2. copy your new image to the folder
3. rename the new image using the original image's name
4. reboot and you will have a new background

It's not an efficient way of doing it but it is the only way I know how to do it. I've searched before as well and couldn't another solution.
trpdoran

Post by trpdoran »

Not sure if this will work with LM LXDE 10, but I have figured out after much frustration how to change the wallpaper on LM LXDE 11. Open a terminal and type "pcmanfm --desktop-pref". You will get a window with two tabs, the first of which will allow you to change the wallpaper. Go to the advanced tab and make sure the box by "Show menus provided by window managers when desktop is clicked" is empty. Leaving that box unchecked will allow you to change your wallpaper by right clicking on the desktop. As I like to have openbox menus when I right click on the desktop, I added "pcmanfm --desktop-pref" to my menu.xml file.

Return to “Software & Applications”