Lenovo 3000 n200 sound - Daryna

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rtf

Lenovo 3000 n200 sound - Daryna

Post by rtf »

Just installed Daryna last night - the sound on this laptop doesn't work by default. My external USB sound works, but I want the laptop card too of course. I tried to follow some guides posted on the Ubuntu forums - those were made for Gutsy - and in trying to recompile alsa with suggested patches I broke the install. So...how do I reinstall alsa, and does anyone have the right solution?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Lenovo 3000 n200 sound - Daryna

Post by MagnusB »

I have heard of more having trouble with the sound on the N100, but I don't think I have seen anyone found a fully working solution. A temporary fix could be downgrading to an older kernel, but sort of worked for a N100, not sure for a N200 though. You could also take a look at http://www.linlap.com/wiki/Lenovo+3000+N200
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Lenovo 3000 n200 sound - Daryna

Post by MagnusB »

There is nothing scary about downgrading the kernel, just use Cassandra instead of Daryna, I think Cassandra use an older kernel version, but I am not sure though...

Return to “Hardware Support”