Network Printers print page with a 2cm margin on left

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Neck

Network Printers print page with a 2cm margin on left

Post by Neck »

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble with network printers. For some reason, both print pages with an extra margin on left (and top?) whilst the right side is being cut. Printing from windows works fine. Printers are: Brother MFC-7840W and canon I-Sensys LBP6650. Driver installed for both. The problem seem to occur independently of the program I use to print, even test pages are off.

Any help appreciated :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mck182

Re: Network Printers print page with a 2cm margin on left

Post by mck182 »

I have the exact same issue with lbp6650. Found no solution yet. Also, the quality of printed text is rather low, the text is way too granular and small text is unreadable. Do you have that quality issue as well?
Transitman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Transitman »

You need to go to the printer properties in Linux and set the page to use from A4 to LETTER / 8.5 x 11.
That will solve your printing off-center issue.

As for low quality of the text print, again, go to the printer properties and set the quality to your liking.
Neck

Post by Neck »

Sadly no luck with that (it create a whole mess where the printer asks me for letter format paper instead, etc).

I've found enabling "wide a4" in the options makes it a bit better (something like 5mm off instead of 2cm) but had no effect on the height offset.

Return to “LMDE Archive”