HP Deskjet Ink Advantage k109a-z driver issue[SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Guan

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage k109a-z driver issue[SOLVED]

Post by Guan »

I'm trying to get my mint11 box to network print to a winxp box. I've got the networking figured out and my mint11 box can see the printer attached via USB to the winxp box via samba. I can install the driver from the driver database using the printer setup wizard and the wizard completes successfully. When I send the command for a test page, the command is acknowledged on the winxp box and shows up in the print queue. However, for the life of me I cannot get a page to physically print out. The job shows up in the print queue and just sits there and does nothing. I'm so close to getting it working it's driving me bonkers. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: HP Deskjet Ink Advantage k109a-z driver issue

Post by altair4 »

There is one thing you can try - disable bidirectional printing on WinXP:

On the XP box:

1. Go to Control panel -> Printers & faxes

2. Right-click on Printer -> Properties -> Ports tab

3. Uncheck "enable bidirectional support"

If it doesn't resolve your problem at least it's easy enough to undo.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Guan

Re: HP Deskjet Ink Advantage k109a-z driver issue

Post by Guan »

I actually don't remember if that worked or not lol. I have solved the issue by converted the xp box to a lm13 box. Now I don't have any printing issues per say. More that I have frustrations because the network at my work is so poor I can't use it well. Marking as solved.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”