Go to 11... or not

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wiab4355

Go to 11... or not

Post by wiab4355 »

Hi there

Just returned to Mint after a year off. I'm using v10 ('cos I had a disc) but is v11 soooo much better?

I only ask because I've just spent a couple of days getting v10 how I like it, but if you people think it's worth changing...

Ian
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Go to 11... or not

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

At the end of the day, only YOU will be able to answer that question, as you will probably get varied opinions from users and what works for others may not work for you. Why don't you give it a spin and experience firsthand if it's worth "upgrading" to version 11?

Now, as far as my personal opinion is concerned, I'm still sticking to Mint 9. The regressions I saw in Mint 10 and 11 were not worth it.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
podagee

Post by podagee »

ive currently switched from mint 10 to mint 11.i absolutely loved mint 10.not buggy at all.it was perfect and ready for whatever right after install.with mint 11 i only came acroos one bug at the menu screen.when opening and closing the menu screen there is a quick blue flash that outlines the menu,but,beside that its really good.some minor headaches opposed to mint 10.but all in all,its also one of the best.my preference.i know its ubuntu based but mint has a better touch than ubuntu also.try it out
podagee

Post by podagee »

also,if you like gnome get the gnome version.its a lot cleaner to me than the lxde.
germanix

Post by germanix »

I find Mint 10 great but wanted to try Mint 11 anyway. Unfortunately 11 it will not work properly on my hardware. Everything looks and works well but I cannot get the internet connection to work. So in the end I went back to 10. So I will suggest you test the live disk first and if all is well, then decide which version you like better.
podagee

Post by podagee »

good choice i just went back to 10 today because mint 11 is good but really laggy.evrything worked fine at the beginning but starts lagging eventually.mint 10 is a lot better no issues or anything.if u ever decide to switch and cant get wireless let me know your driver u need and i can help u out.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

I have several OS-distros loaded on my 4 machines. Mint-9 Fluxbox and LMDE being my primary OS'

I can honestly say that I use Mint-9 LTS more than any other distro or newer version of Mint.

Mint-9 Fluxbox, is the current LTS (long-term support) version of Mint ... is pretty on the eyes, light on resources and wicked fast.

Return to “Beginner Questions”