Name that Movie

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Name that Movie

Post by tdockery97 »

Afraid this is waaay too easy:

Mint Cinnamon 20.1
SimonTS

Post by SimonTS »

That'll be 'Predator' then.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

SimonTS wrote:That'll be 'Predator' then.
Yes it is.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
SimonTS

Post by SimonTS »

This one should be easy enough.
Clip1.jpg
SimonTS

Post by SimonTS »

OK then... 8 1/2 hours and 15 views - has the world gone to sleep, or are we all waiting for the US to wake up and join us? :lol:

Let's add another picture anyway - this will give it away.
Clip2.jpg
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Hi Simon,
I haven't heard from you so long, even not on G+, wazzup? :)

Well, if that black haired and blue eyes girl is Lori Petty, the quit old movie must be "Point Break" from 1991 with also cool Neo >>aka<< Keanu Reeves as well with cool (R.I.P.) Patrick Swayze, right ? :D
SimonTS

Post by SimonTS »

Hi there Elisa :D

Good to see someone else join the party. I've been popping in to G+ from time to time and enjoying your posts - some of them are very thought-provoking.

Yes, Point Break indeed. Have to give kudos to Karlie who got it a while ago by PM, but didn't want to have to set the next challenge.

Things are OK with me - just busy with work. How's life for you?

P.S. Your go!
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Hi,

though-provoking? :lol:
I always say - the problems are solved only if we will speak to each other, even we have different opinion on the same thing. Not keeping calm or admitting each other...
If people won't learn how to speak to each other then they will fight only... :-|

As for general rules for this topic I'd like to remember some fair-play rules:

* when guessing, guess here, on public space
* you might edit your reply only if someone else haven't replied after your tip yet. Other-way you have to wait for the answer if your tip/answer is ok or not.
* when your turn is on and you won't log-in more than 72 hours or you will log-in but even not after 72 hours after your you've logged, you won't place any new guess, the admin(s) have right to place their own guess or select someone else (scroll up some posts ago when 'a user' with just 1 post got it - the guess but didn't replied or placed a new guess for 2 weeks :| )

I think this topic is fine and it'd be a pity to let it freeze down :(

Ok, enough talking, wait up to 10 minutes and new pic(s) will appear :p :P
SimonTS

Post by SimonTS »

Elisa,

I agree totally about 'fair-play rules' - that's why you have to use trust that people aren't just going to do a web-search on the pictures posted.

However... Karlie only guessed on PM to me coz we'd been chatting already and it seemed a bit pointless us just throwing guesses at each other while the rest of the world slept. There is no harm in that as far as I can see - I only mentioned it to give her the credit due.

Anyway, your turn now - we're waiting... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... :mrgreen:
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Ok, I've seen this movie just 3 days ago and I've liked it a lot especially for the one of main actors which you can see on all those three pics.
She is so cool, easy, sincere, honest, outspoken - which doesn't mean impertinent or jerky ;)
Simply, what she is thinking of, she will tell it openly :lol:
She smiles all the time and you might meet such good persons when you feel the good spreading from their every cell of his body, so love-warming persons (if you know what I mean :)). And her smile has been always so warm and cool :D
Such people mostly live in nature or in mountains due they're not tainted by living in the city... 8)

Simply, the movie is tagged as comedy however it's cool movie, so positive... :)

The movie is made in 2010 and some more other hints to help you to guess:
it's European movie, the director is a woman, there are 4 guys singing and always a music plays through the whole movie, it's cool.

The Name of the director starts with the same letter of name as the name of the main (spoken above) actor.
The director surname looks and sounds polish / from Poland (the movie is not made in Poland, of course).
There are also 2 actors (males) with the same surname but I didn't find any info if they're a family etc. One was born in 1973, the other in 1975.
The main and cool actor was born later than those 2 guys ;)
fin_film_02a.jpg
fin_film_02b.jpg
fin_film_02c.jpg
If you haven't seen it yet I hope it's a good tip for your next one to see ;)
karliet

Post by karliet »

you have stumped me lol i haven't seen any European comedies from 2010... was the movie released in the US?
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Hello 'karliet',
of course it has been released in US too. Or do you think US have a movie embargo from EU ? :lol:
But as I see the movie has been released this year, not in 2010 as in EU, therefore next I'll place any older movie ;)

Some additional hints
the eternal optimistic actor (as you can see in the above pics) was also in another movie. A movie about WWII and the name of that movie consists of 2 words, first is Max and the second word starts with 2 same letters as the first word has... ;)
The cool actor was born in May 20 198? in the city of name which could be translated in English as "Christ sands" but in that country language it's another name of course as well as the first letter of the name of that city doesn't start with C.
The director was born in the capitol of that country (it's not Poland :))
The director another but short film .... was awarded the prize for best short film in the Generation Kplus the Film Festival in Berlin.

And this info probably will help you the most:
In January 2011, won the director .... "World Cinema Grand Jury Prize, Dramatic" at the Sundance film festival for comedy ... [movie name you have to guess now :)]
The movie is placed in imdb.com as well as in other movie databases too.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

It seems that this guess is for some peeps too hard :D Ok, another hint:
the above mentioned hint / movie, where the cool actor played is "Max Manus" [the suggested letters only are bolded, as you could read in that above hint].
Now, I am sure you must get it (if needed use a pencil and paper and put down all you already know :)).
SimonTS

Post by SimonTS »

Damn Elisa - you choose some strange and unknown films sometimes. I haven't been to the cinema in a few years so didn't have a chance with this one. I know the answer now, through our friend Google, but that would definitely be cheating. I just hope that somebody else wakes up and knows the answer.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

This movie is not strange but very positive, cool, comedy, worth to watch ! ;)
You can get the dvd, no need to see it just in a cinema ;)
Well, I mostly placed movies here, which are meaningful or worth tho see by any thing of the movies :p
Last edited by Elisa on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
SimonTS

Post by SimonTS »

Trust me - it wasn't a criticism of you and your choices. More of me if anything.

I hope someone will get it before long, or you'll just end up having to choose a different one. I admire your taste in movies and their message, much as I feel about the majority of your postings on G+.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Ok, ladies & gents :)
Additional hint:
the director surname is Sewitsky and although she is kinda young and although I've seen just this one, I am told her other movies are very cool too ;)
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Okay, ladies & gents, I don't wanna torture you ;)
It's kinda new movie, taht's why you haven't seen that. The movie name is Happy happy or in the original - norwegian - name Sykt lykkelig :D
The cool director's name is Anne Sewitsky
anne_sewitsky.jpg
The same surname actors are: Henrik Rafaelsen and Joachim Rafaelsen and the cool, all the movies smiling, entirely warm and positive (and pretty of course) actor is: Agnes Kittelsen :D
More details and pics are here

Code: Select all

http://movie-library.cz/film/294702-happy-happy
and here.

I am sure when you watch it in a cinema, bought a dvd or even download the movie from the net ;), you will like it also ! Enjoy ! :D

Ok, ladies & gents, now I place an older and of course as usually :D - another meaningful and worth to see movie.
The movie was made between 1990 and 1998 year (which exact year? Guess ! :))
The movie is about IRA, pretty transgender woman, love, some tragedy, a zen story ;) and finally kinda happy end and a cool music through the whole movie ! :)
The movie name is the same as the name of mostly played song by a cool singer.
There you can see 3 the most important and mostly well-known actors on the pictures below.

Good-luck with guessing (and watching this movie too :p) !
fin_film_03a.jpg
fin_film_03b.jpg
Last edited by Elisa on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

fin_film_03c.jpg
fin_film_03d.jpg
fin_film_03e.jpg
barko

Post by barko »

The Crying Game (1992)

Return to “Open Chat”