Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
goldshirt9

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by goldshirt9 »

first post here so

for fun on a fresh install :D

my working desktop on mint 11.
after running Ubuntu's last 3 releases , and start up getting slower and slower
mint makes a fresh difference :D
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

This is Ubuntu 11.10 with top panel moved to the bottom and icons on the desktop. Ample proof that Clem can do it for us on Mint 12 :mrgreen:

Mint Cinnamon 20.1
antikythera

Post by antikythera »

LXDE 9 with my version of the menu button and deVINE wallpaper available from DeviantART by Jason-C

I think the Wallpaper could be considered for future use as an official one unless you are gradually going more monochrome.
satya164

Post by satya164 »

My Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop with Gnome Shell

And Overview

The Gnome Shell Theme is here - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=491517
FrenzyVanDeMerwe

Post by FrenzyVanDeMerwe »

My Mint)) Faenza conky config
spsf64
Level 1
Level 1

Post by spsf64 »

tdockery97 wrote:This is Ubuntu 11.10 with top panel moved to the bottom and icons on the desktop. Ample proof that Clem can do it for us on Mint 12 :mrgreen:

Hi, how did you get this?
TIA
Sergio
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

spsf64 wrote: Hi, how did you get this?
TIA
You have to install both Gnome Shell and Gnome Tweaks (they're both in the repos). Then when you log in you can choose Classic Gnome instead of Classic Gnome (no effects). Then you can use Alt+right-click, delete bottom panel and repeat on top panel but select Properties>Orientation and choose to place the top panel on the bottom. :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

Classic Gnome of course means the "fallback mode" so on Mint 12 with the mint extensions alone i don't think you'd be able to do this...however based on a comment Clem made you should be able to use just the top panel and move the new mint slab menu to the top, along with the windows switcher and not have the bottom panel...At least that is the impression i got...

Clem mentioned there wasn't any apparent way to move the top panel to the bottom using extensions that he has seen...I think Clem said he didn't want to do anything incorporating "fallback mode"...
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Damn. Has it really been since July since I even looked at this thread? I'm happy to say that I finally have a new (to me) computer, a sweet little laptop provided by an über Penguinista running LMDE. Of course I bolted KDE on top of it within a week, but I finally have some screenshots to share.

The first image is a preliminary screenshot taken once I started getting things tweaked but before KDE, the wallpaper featuring my nine month old niece.

And here's two shots of my current desk, taken yesterday for a blog post.

The furry in the new shot is a little marmalade kitteh we rescued from the cold streets of Malden, MA, last week. He quickly got the name Mal, for Malcolm Reynolds since we were on a Firefly kick, and he's more than earned the name since he sometimes aims to misbehave. I've got some info on the widgets on my desktop on the blog post I wrote yesterday but if you want more details feel free to ask. Now that I'm back on with my own comp I'm following this thread again so I should be able to keep up better. I hope. 8)
antikythera

Post by antikythera »

antikythera wrote:LXDE 9 with my version of the menu button and deVINE wallpaper available from DeviantART by Jason-C

I think the Wallpaper could be considered for future use as an official one unless you are gradually going more monochrome.
Just installed Docky after following the LXDE compiz howto and moved the default panel to the top while setting it to auto hide. Docky is also set to intellihide mode. Works a treat even with only 32Mb dedicated RAM for the Geforce 4 Go 420 GPU.

truexfan81

Post by truexfan81 »

antikythera wrote:
antikythera wrote:LXDE 9 with my version of the menu button and deVINE wallpaper available from DeviantART by Jason-C

Just installed Docky after following the LXDE compiz howto and moved the default panel to the top while setting it to auto hide. Docky is also set to intellihide mode. Works a treat even with only 32Mb dedicated RAM for the Geforce 4 Go 420 GPU.

how did you get libre office installed on mint 9? it wouldn't let me, said it would cause package breakages
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

You can tell I'm bored :lol: I didn't think it would work with the NetBook video card but it did, and works 5X5.
Screenshot.png
maxheadway

Post by maxheadway »

antikythera

Post by antikythera »

how did you get libre office installed on mint 9? it wouldn't let me, said it would cause package breakages
respectfully answered via pm so as not to clutter thread with off topic talk
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

First screenshot of Mint 12 Lisa RC using Classic Desktop. There is apparently a bug where MATE won't load in the RC, so I'm using this for the time being:

Mint Cinnamon 20.1
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

My Mint 12rc desktop evolving a little, still using Classic Desktop option. I've found with some tweaks it works nearly identical to the way I used Gnome 2.

Mint Cinnamon 20.1
cra1g321

Post by cra1g321 »

Just a few quick screenshots of when i was trying out LM12 RC x64, really like this Mint theme compared to the default theme.

Image Image Image
soccerz619

Post by soccerz619 »

satya164 wrote:My Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop with Gnome Shell

And Overview

The Gnome Shell Theme is here - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=491517
Can you post or PM the Conky script for the date that you have there? (Assuming you're using Conky for that....)
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Nice Mint 12 screenshots everyone. Mint usage will surely skyrocket due to our being the distro that provides three desktop choices in one installation.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1

Return to “Screenshots”