GRUB loading

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
AienTech

GRUB loading

Post by AienTech »

Hi, i'm newbie to linux
i have ASUS K50IN with 500GB hard and i only had linux mint (the latest) on my laptop... i was installing it again and after a while my laptop stopped working
so i restarted it with power button, and after my boot loaded, it said that:

GRUB loading...
Welcome to GRUB!

error: file not found.
Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>_

i can't boot from my dvd and i have mint in my flash, but it asks me root password for any operation...
anyone can help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: GRUB loading

Post by Oscar799 »

You posted this question three times in different places
Please don't do that
Duplicate posts deleted
lebigouden

Re: GRUB loading

Post by lebigouden »

Sounds to me like you interrupted the installation process.. First i'd try to boot from the liveCD and fix it from there. At the beginning of the boot, hold the appropriate key for your computer to change the BIOS settings, from there change the values to make it boot from the CD-rom before the hard disk. If it doesn't work you can also disable booting from hard disk if your BIOS allows it.
Dont know what else to propose for now, seeing as you don't know your sudo password? How can that be?
You set a password during the installation, do you remember it? thats the root password if you are not familiar with linux terminology yet(you said you are a newbie so..).
If you know it we can try a couple of other things.

Return to “LMDE Archive”