So....Anyone Occupying anything?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Nick_Djinn

So....Anyone Occupying anything?

Post by Nick_Djinn »

Good stuff happening in Occupy Oakland, and also in the rest of the Bay Area.

Im actually interested in figuring out how to stream video LIVE from an Android phone TO a desktop, so that the video will be uploaded in real time, like a webcam feed only auto-recorded, so that the video feed would not be lost if the smartphone was somehow damaged by some hyper-vigilant authority figure.

What are the Occupy's like in your area?

(I hope this is allowed here. If not, I can respectfully take this somewhere else).
lexon

Re: So....Anyone Occupying anything?

Post by lexon »

Yes, occupying my computer chair. Yes, I am bored also.

l
snikt.biff

Post by snikt.biff »

Nick_Djinn wrote:Good stuff happening in Occupy Oakland, and also in the rest of the Bay Area.

Im actually interested in figuring out how to stream video LIVE from an Android phone TO a desktop, so that the video will be uploaded in real time, like a webcam feed only auto-recorded, so that the video feed would not be lost if the smartphone was somehow damaged by some hyper-vigilant authority figure.

What are the Occupy's like in your area?

(I hope this is allowed here. If not, I can respectfully take this somewhere else).
Be careful doing live feeds... you never know what you may catch someone doing in the background of a video during a protest... I think you know what I'm thinking of... From what I understand things have gotten a little bit thick there in Oakland... You wouldn't want -any- reason for harassment.
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

After seeing the Protests, my welcome home twice from Chu Lai and Danang Viet Nam, I sit quietly at home and protest by voting for the other guy. All this is doing is stirring up the crazies who find cheap thrills in raping innocent women and stealing from the rest of the poor souls who may have a legitimate gripe. Unless you like being arrested and getting a record that will eventually put you on a watch list with the Feds, Get a life.
Nick_Djinn

Post by Nick_Djinn »

Woah! Nobody is raping and pillaging here. Im not sure where that came from.

I am also not the timid type. I am a veteran Anti-Globalization protesters since Seattle 1999. Worrying about what the cops think about me with a camera is about the last thing that would frighten me off. Ive done things a lot more bold than that.

For me, filming police brutality is 'taking it easy', instead of engaging in higher risk activity.
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

Nick_Djinn wrote:Woah! Nobody is raping and pillaging here. Im not sure where that came from.
I guess you don't read the news. Too busy taking pictures? Who instigates the riots that cause police to get involved in the first place? I'm not buying it, they do not take the initiative except following orders to clear the parks and streets. Of course they retaliate when struck, stoned or shot at. People need to know they are disrupting daily life and if asked to move on they should do it in a timely manner. What is a "Peaceful Demonstration" anyway. Have your parade down main street and get over it.
gsmanners

Post by gsmanners »

Beardedragon wrote:Get a life.
So, you're offering? :P
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

gsmanners wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:Get a life.
So, you're offering? :P
I said "Get a life" not "Take a life" If you want a sacrifice find a lamb.
gsmanners

Post by gsmanners »

(I love how people who are prone to dishing out insults completely miss when something is rhetorical. * whoosh *)

I'll put that one right next to the "get a job" insult. Yeah. If you aren't offering a job, then you have no right to use that insult.

"you want a sacrifice find a lamb" <-- :o Is this supposed to be some sort of clever mockery because you assume I'm a Jew or a Christian?
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

gsmanners wrote:(I love how people who are prone to dishing out insults completely miss when something is rhetorical. * whoosh *)

I'll put that one right next to the "get a job" insult. Yeah. If you aren't offering a job, then you have no right to use that insult.

"you want a sacrifice find a lamb" <-- :o Is this supposed to be some sort of clever mockery because you assume I'm a Jew or a Christian?
If you are going to quote me put the words in context. You raise religion as if that is something to protest against too. I believe in freedom of religion. I don't do rhetorical or any of the other word games. As for "Get a Life," you've had your fifteen minutes of fame, move on. 200 people arrested in your protest marches. While police are busy doing the paperwork for all this they could be out catching real criminals. You haven't proven a thing. This was not organized, no one figured on cleaning up your messes.
minitrucker

Post by minitrucker »

200 arrested for what? Voicing an opinion? You're right beardy, while the police were busy trying to censor someone they really should have been out catching real criminals. I completely agree with that statement.
JHutson456

Post by JHutson456 »

Though I haven't had time due to work to join @OccupyVisalia I have swung by and offered my love and support.
RETNUH

Post by RETNUH »

I feel that the occupy movements are pretty hypocritical. I have a friend from California who sent me pictures of the occupy movement using signs of ferraris to spread their message. The news has shown some of the "occupiers" wearing Rolex watches. Aren't they about spreading the wealth? I don't have a sports car...
minty33

Post by minty33 »

beardeddragon who are you to decide what constitutes a peaceful demonstration and how long it should be. I'm not on any side in the occupy thing but its the blind trust of authorities that you exibit when you say stuff like "they are just following orders and doing their job" when they bully and or retaliate to protesters. Don't take your rights for granted because as we've seen once we give them up its impossible to get them back - aka the patriot act. Also don't tell people how to legally excercise their rights or criticise them for doing so.
Let us not forget cops and authority figures are ppl to and also commit crimes and are just as susceptible to corruption and immorality therefore to say we should do or accept what they say with blind faith is dangerous and to do it under the guise of it being neccessary for an orderly society is even more wrong. There are bad apples on every side of every issue. This country needs more protests and questioning of authority in general because our overall wealth has made us complacent and incencitive to others rights being violated or ourss slowly being taken away for the "greater good" as we perceive it not to affect us. Are you going to wait till the feds show up at your door asking for all your books so they can burn them till you realize its gone too far?
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

From what I've read there are two sides to every story. I think they have had their say and should get on with their lives while you seem to think this can go on forever. We both think there should be no arrests, but, for different reasons. Seems like the newspapers are the only people making anything out of this, selling the news from their point of view while we argue the finer points to no avail. You are right, we all have our own opinions and thank God we live in a country we can say them. I fought for it with no thanks asked and none given. Since I did. I will tell anyone who wants to read it. If you don't like what I say, then the next time you see my Bearded Dragon look the other way.
minty33

Post by minty33 »

First as I said when I posted I'm not commenting on the occupy issue. I have no real opinion as to who is right or wrong there. I only posted because the aforementioned comment stood out to me. Now mostly it is because of the sense of anger and hostility your posts have that I have not seen in any other post in any other thread in this community. You had that hostility right out of the gate uninstigated by anything but someone giving an opinion in their own thread not even a comment in your thread. No hard feelings just letting you know that stood out to me.
As for continuing the debate I know you feel they had their say and should move on but that is the problem today. Politicians hope ppl just move on with whatever the issue is and ppl are generally too distracted by toys and t.v in their lives and do just that - move on - thus taking away any political pressure that might have insued. Again I'll say I'm not referring to the occupy issue per say just using it as an example to demonstrate the inherent wrongness of just moving on. If one believes in his cause he should never just move on. Our government feeds on complacency. You should know that as well as anyone look at the vietnam protests. It doesn't matter if you agreed with them or not but things would have been different if they just moved on wouldn't they have. Again I'm not saying those protesters were on the right or wrong side of the issue just pointing out that the government couldn't ignore them because they wouldn't as you said move on after making their point. Same with Ghandi would his hunger strike have had the same effect if after 3 days he said "you get the idea" and moved on.
Lastly I agree the media is a problem and is more interested in ratings than truth. As for looking the other way if I don't like what you have to say that fits right along with your "move on" philosophy except you have made your point and have yet to take your own advice and move on or look the other way. I find that interesting as well.
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

I find it interesting that you chose me as the subject of your discussion rather than the theme of this Thread. Are you a PHD in Psychology? Call it venting or anger, there are many terms for it including PTSD or forty six years of BS piled up from ppl and Gov, My medals meant nothing, with them and 50cents I could buy a decent cup of coffee. At least back then there were jobs for the vets, now we see them on the streets begging for something that is rightfully theirs. The one percent of this country that holds all the money is not going to let it go. Unfortunately the depression is not stopping the wars which rage on and the protests are just as useless as they were back then. My opinions are not worth anything if people don't read them. I guess I should thank you for banking the fires.
yanom

Post by yanom »

haven't seen a flamewar this big in awhile.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
minty33

Post by minty33 »

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." - yoda

your anger has decieved you young padawan
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

minty33 wrote:"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." - yoda

your anger has decieved you young padawan
LOL

Return to “Open Chat”