How to use beryl ? (yes, it's a newbie questions !!!) :-)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EricRG
Level 1
Level 1

How to use beryl ? (yes, it's a newbie questions !!!) :-)

Post by EricRG »

Hello,

I use Celena. It's very easy to use nvidia and beryl (thanks) so it works fine.

But, I can't (or don't know) how to have the "cube effect" !!!

On Ubuntu, I could have multiple desktops (on one monitor) and I don't know how to add some to Celena...
Maybe that's the reason why the "cube" doesn't work.

(Ok, I know you've to use ctrl+alt to move the windows but when I try to drag one outside the screen I don't see the cube).

(sorry for my english, i'm french ;-) )

Oh, I was about to forget : Happy chrismas to everybody ;-D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ralphnaderchop
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to use beryl ? (yes, it's a newbie questions !!!) :-)

Post by Ralphnaderchop »

Hey, I know this one! Go to preferences>appearance>visual effects and select extra. Now that should enable you to use the cube. To use the cube hold control+alt and hold the left click down on the mouse and move the mouse. Now how to I erase the writing I draw on my screen with out logging my user out?
EricRG
Level 1
Level 1

Post by EricRG »

Hello (again)

well , thanks but it's too late !!!

I mean.. I didn't do anything special but now I have a wonderful (!) black screen so I have a new question :
how do you stop the 3D effect within a console (the root console !) from a user ?

grrr !!!

i had to make a new user with the root to be able to use my computer again !!!
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Please give more information on this issue. You can run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" to reconfigure, but let's hear more on the specifics.
EricRG
Level 1
Level 1

Post by EricRG »

I use Celena.
I clicked on "Desktop Effects" and Celena installed the drivers for my nvidia card.
I started again and it worked fine (I saw it with trying some screensavers like infotunnel).
i used again "desktop effect" to have Beryl. it worked fine (i could see the new funny windows' moves)

and later on, when I restarted my linux : i had only a black screen with nothing on it !

yelp!
EricRG
Level 1
Level 1

Post by EricRG »

hello,

I just try my old username today and now it works (I don't try to understand !!!)

Return to “Beginner Questions”