A newbie asking: How to install World of Warcraft in Mint?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WoWplayer

Re: A newbie asking: How to install World of Warcraft in Mint?

Post by WoWplayer »

Hey I am having the same problems but if you get it working would you mind telling me how I cant seem to get any games installed without going back to windows or bunto(which wont let you download patches) windows is a pain in the ass to get working.you can email me at jediknight654@hotmail.com
Husse

Post by Husse »

Thank you Gman8941 - nice
Can you post it in the How to section?
If it's good it may be worth to get sticky
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Gman8941 - Thanks for the link! I have WoW Burning Crusade working on two machines using Wine from WineHQ. It took some minor tweaking of the confused file, but things are working well. One rig had an Nvidia GForce 5200 video card and that was a little more challenging - had to get the video refresh rate and sound buffer settings correct. Also had to use the aptly named: "Apply Directly to the Forehead" plug-in lol. I have since found a spare 6600GT video card and installed that in place of the 5200; it naturally has a better FPS rate.

Note: I downloaded a trial version of a try before you buy application as well to evaluate, and although the install with the trial s/w was more like a windows march through the disk pack installation procedure, I actually had better luck with wine and the Linux/Wine WoW Wiki.

How's your How-To procedure progressing? WoW is addictive or at least a big time-sync. But man it's an awesome looking game.

Return to “Software & Applications”