Mint 12 final on the mirror!!!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
coman norbert

Mint 12 final on the mirror!!!

Post by coman norbert »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Mint 12 final on the mirror!!!

Post by nunol »

Already testing it on Virtualbox...
Joe_Linux

Post by Joe_Linux »

I wish there was a torrent version up. So far I've only found the RC as a torrent. Is the above link a valid source? I don't see 12 final on the actual Mint site.
Kevin108

Post by Kevin108 »

I'm still skeptical but http://mirror.yellowfiber.net/linuxmint/stable/12/ is showing it too.
Joe_Linux

Post by Joe_Linux »

Kevin108 wrote:I'm still skeptical but http://mirror.yellowfiber.net/linuxmint/stable/12/ is showing it too.
Must be for real then. I'm downloading from both sources, but now I see YellowFiber just failed. Curiously the Mint 12 release just flipped to some Mepis release. So their site is not working properly.
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mintymintminty »

Downloading her now from softpedia, Take her for a spin later.
Kevin108

Post by Kevin108 »

Joe_Linux wrote:Must be for real then. I'm downloading from both sources, but now I see YellowFiber just failed. Curiously the Mint 12 release just flipped to some Mepis release. So their site is not working properly.
I'm downloading from there and it's still rolling in. A little over a minute left.
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mintymintminty »

Getting mine from here, So far so good, Nearly done downloading.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linux-Mi ... 6232.shtml
Kevin108

Post by Kevin108 »

I tried to put a torrent up on Pirate Bay but it's the first time I've done one. I created a new account to do so and was immediately banned? IDKWTF. You do it, I'll seed. :lol:

In the mean time, I'm backing up home for an upgrade.
Joe_Linux

Post by Joe_Linux »

Kevin108 wrote:I tried to put a torrent up on Pirate Bay but it's the first time I've done one. I created a new account to do so and was immediately banned? IDKWTF. You do it, I'll seed. :lol:

In the mean time, I'm backing up home for an upgrade.
I've got mine now and I'm running at this very moment on my USB stick. Going to do some WebUpD8 mods.
simpleblue

Post by simpleblue »

I think SoftPedia jumped the gun. They may have seen a file labled as the stable but that does not mean its the final stable file.

When the Mint blog says it's done, then it's done. I wouldn't go wasting my bandwidth over some confusion.

Be patient.
rodvitner

Post by rodvitner »

It IS out. Downloaded it from http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/stable/12/ some hours ago.
ajt007

Post by ajt007 »

I'm using it now. At this point everything's cool. Very nice job. Thank you to Clem and all involved. :D
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mintymintminty »

simpleblue wrote:I think SoftPedia jumped the gun. They may have seen a file labled as the stable but that does not mean its the final stable file.

When the Mint blog says it's done, then it's done. I wouldn't go wasting my bandwidth over some confusion.

Be patient.
Well I have took Lisa for a spin and I must say I really like the way mint Is headed, Donation coming up I think, BTW Softpedia IS the final stable release but I do find It odd that Clem has not announced It yet on the blog.
Kevin108

Post by Kevin108 »

About half of the mirrors have stable/12 now. I'm pretty sure it's real. http://www.linuxmint.com/mirrors.php

Burning it to disc now. See you on the other side!
cudayne

Post by cudayne »

is it going too be different from RC12? can you upgrade from RC12? i been using it sense was released an like it a lot.
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mintymintminty »

cudayne wrote:is it going too be different from RC12? can you upgrade from RC12? i been using it sense was released an like it a lot.
In short no, As long as you update your system regularly then you have mint 12 stable.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

It is either real or I'm dreaming as I'm using it right now :-) I don't see any difference from the RC except that it comes with desktop shortcuts to the computer, home folder, and trash. Everything else is the same as far as I can tell.
KBD47
edit--I mean to say it is not different from the updated RC. It is much different from when the RC was first released. Since having several updates the RC looks pretty much the same as the stable version I downloaded today.
Last edited by KBD47 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

For those wondering why no Blog announcement has been made yet, it's simple. Clem knows that the mirrors will be flooded when the announcement is posted. So, he gives a day or two for the early adopters to download, then makes the announcement. It sort of spreads the bandwidth out a little.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mintymintminty »

tdockery97 wrote:For those wondering why no Blog announcement has been made yet, it's simple. Clem knows that the mirrors will be flooded when the announcement is posted. So, he gives a day or two for the early adopters to download, then makes the announcement. It sort of spreads the bandwidth out a little.
Thanks for that, Makes sense especially as this is going to be downloaded by more than usual, Comments on softpedia say they don't have the final build but it is and the author spoke with Clem earlier to confirm.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”